Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Swine Flu!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by turkeylad, Jul 20, 2009.

1. turkeylad

turkeylad PetForums VIP

The news here is really portraying the situation in the UK as pretty dire!!! İs it really that bad!!???

2. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

NO..............

3. Indie

Indie PetForums VIP

There have been proven cases in my town.

4. kerrybramble

kerrybramble PetForums VIP

My step-sister was confirmed with it today! she was ill all weekend with us :( she weren't even showing signs of flu! i rekon they just saying everything is swine flu! as it just looked like stomach upset to me!

5. Buggles

Buggles PetForums Senior

I had it a couple of weeks ago.

6. kendal

kendal PetForums Senior

ben a some cases rounf us. my godmother and her sister had it, but they are fine now they were given tammy flue or something and its cleard up.

7. Buggles

Buggles PetForums Senior

I didn't even get the tamiflu... didn't realise it was swine flu until it was full blown by which time it was too late the for tamiflu!

8. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

It's bad but abit hyped up i think, Not much news going on to report:rolleyes:

9. CreativeLC

CreativeLC PetForums VIP

A lot of people are getting it but they usually get treated quickly and they are ok.
    The only people that have died had other health problems(there are people who have died with no health problems though).
    I think it is all really hyped up, they make it sound like people are dropping like flies which isn't the case.

10. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Thousands of people die from the flu every year. In bad years it can be something like 60,000 people in the UK.

Swine flu will be around now for in excess of 10 years. I think its been blown out of proportion, and the media is hugely to blame.

Reporting that a GP died of it, before anything was confirmed, just adds to the hysteria. He didnt have it btw.

11. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

my little boy got it :( on friday .. hes feeling better today :)
    julie x

12. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

So anyone who has had it, or knows someone who has, HOW did you know it actually was Swine flu?

13. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Totally agree. :)

14. kath123

kath123 Guest

I know people that have it, but hopefully will get better soon. xxx

15. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

Yesterday, I woke up with a sore throat and a headache. As the day went on, I felt very bunged up and achey.

Today I feel worse. However it hasn't stopped me getting up and taking the dog out, doing my shopping etc.

I personally just think it's a bad cold, and as I usually have kids coughing and sneezing in my face, I seem to almost constantly have some sort of a sniffle.

However, as I have got all the symptoms of flu, should I really go to work tomorrow? I work with children.

16. Buggles

Buggles PetForums Senior

i had blood tests done because i developed pneumonia (was in hospital for 2 days)

17. Spellweaver

Spellweaver PetForums VIP

I work in a pharmacy and the amount of prescriptions we are dispensing for Tamiflu is amazing - or perhaps not, it is a stage 8 pandemic after all! However, swine flu is actually a very mild flu - the only people who are at any real risk are pregnant women (risk of miscarriage) and people with certain underlying medical conditions (it tells you which these are on the NHS Direct website). For the rest of us at the moment, it is an unpleasant illness that lasts about 7 days - in fact the side effects of the Tamiflu are worse in a lot of cases than the swine flu itself. And for those of us lucky enough to be born before 1957, we have some natural immunity because apparently the virus is very similar to one that was around in the late 40's/50's.

Jazzy likes this.
  18. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

I think its best for you to call the flu help line as you work with children,if it is swine flu you have then passing it on to small children ,for small children it can be dangerous.

19. Barney

Barney PetForums VIP

Av heard of people sayin they av got it just to get a few days off work:rolleyes: but what happens if now they get it for real :)

20. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I'd stay at home, as someone else said - it can be more dangerous to small children.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice