Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Suzuki Vitara

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ColliePower, Jul 9, 2009.

1. ColliePower

ColliePower PetForums Senior

Hi all

Anyone have one? or know anyone that does?

Im looking at one as I fancy a little 4X4

Anyone know if they're any good? Reliability etc?

Thanks!!!!!!!!

2. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Ive just got a electric blue shogun pini and its fab its a small 4x4 but not to bad as only a 1.8 i love it and there meant to be very relible. Good luck on your car hunt.

#2 sullivan, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  3. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

If your talking about the Grand Vitara (sp)...my friend has one and she hates it!! She says it drives like a pig, the gears are sh*t, it's got no poke and its built quality is truly awful :( her words, not mine.

4. Ladywiccana

Ladywiccana PetForums VIP

I used to have one, it was a swb version and automatic, as i can only drive automatics now :(, i used to love it, it was a K reg going back some aint it lol, my english setter used to lord it in the back of that lol, he could never wait to jump in :D:D, who ever was in the back though didnt get a very comfortable ride, it was awful, but very good in the front and a good little road holder, hmm i have a photo somewheres lol :idea: It had white wall tyres as well.

If I were you and money allows, Id go for the Toyota Rav4 i love em and so much more comfortable good luck wiv your search :idea: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

5. ColliePower

ColliePower PetForums Senior

The one im looking at is a 1.6 16V Auto (as that is all I can drive)

Fab condition on a R plate, Ive heard the ride is bumpy but curious about reliability....if its that bad, anyone got any ideas of inexpensive 4x4's or low litre medium sized cars, as we just cant afford our 2.2 litre only 27 MPG and spent £20 a day driving it around as my fiances a support worker and works in community.

So need a practical (and as spacious as possible) car/ (i love 4x4's) that isnt too juicy

Am I asking too much?!!!!!!!!!

6. Ladywiccana

Ladywiccana PetForums VIP

Ive gotta say mine never ever let me down what so ever! So if its in good condition, no rust, no major dents or, has it got any service history with it?? Also how many owners??? Than normally tells a good story .......

7. Roo

Roo PetForums Member

Any vehicle with a Japanese engine is as reliable as you can get. You will always get 'one' that's an absolute sod, but in the main Suzuki are pretty damn good. I used to have a Landrover Discovery...................................cost me a bloody fortune in garage bills....absolute bag of sh**e!!

8. ellie_w

ellie_w PetForums Member

I had a Grand Vitara about 3 years ago - no real problems with it but it did feel a little unstable when cornering (was ok if i took it slow but any speed and it didn't feel quite right) :eek:

9. gorgeous

gorgeous PetForums VIP

They have a good following the Vitara - however quite costly when they go wrong and that happens quite a bit.

Okay if you know some one in the motor trade though.

Look nice in white with a good gimmicky rear wheel cover.

10. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

i've never owned one but have been the passenger in one :eek:hmy:
    absolutely shockin!
    as 4x4's go it's sus is too soft, making it's cornering bad, lean like a top heavy lorry and gives it a vomit-inducing ass wiggle any french woman selling meganes would be proud of. I've no idea if it's worth taking off road.

other 4x4's i've driven and have been passengers in on and off road are slightly older landy's, RR's, a shogun and a all of which have been superb.

We did once have an old (looked like a brick of ****, thanks to it's brick like aerodynamics and the colour) diahatsu for going shooting in which was excellent! and a few other models that mates mums had so i think daihatsu's are good.

i've driven a mitsu L200 and it was fab, i have wanted one ever since.

What about a subaru forester? my mate swears by his, he gets his dog and fishin gear in it no probs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice