Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Suzie allergic to SOOO much - what do I feed her??? HELP

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by abbscats, Jun 30, 2009.

1. abbscats

abbscats PetForums Member

Hi everyone, hope someone can help ......... I have a sphynx called suzie she has had a number of tummy upsets so we had her tested for a food allergy and it came back with shocking results

She has a classic allergy to rice and a delayed allergy to Duck, Chicken, Turkey and Salmon.... I just dont know what to feed her on now for the best and wondered if anyone has any ideas.

Hope someone can help.

2. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Im sorry to hear that, I dont really know anything except lamb? Beef?

3. abbscats

Just need to find a food that contains them meat but no rice.... I will keep looking thanks

4. InkyKitty

InkyKitty PetForums Newbie

Tuna!

Also, is she allergic to the gravy they put in wet food?

5. abbscats

if I just fed her tuna would I need to put vitamins etc in with it to give her a complete diet? The only other thing other than the meats is rice so the gravy should be ok I hope!!!!

6. Saikou

Saikou PetForums VIP

Rabbit is a good hypoallergenic meat, plus its probably what they would catch themselves if in the wild. Its best fed raw but you would need to get the right proportions of muscle meat, bones and organs for it to be a complete diet. This site Holisticat Community :: Index has a lot of useful information.

7. Kiskasiberians

Kiskasiberians PetForums Senior

As Saikou says Rabbit is a good food for cats with allergies also Lamb.

You shouldn't feed Tuna more than once per week as there is not the right level of vitamins and minerals and Tuna contains a small level of Mercury. Mercury is the one of the few elements that builds up in the body and is not excreted.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice