Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Surprise Surprise ..... NOT!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 0nyxx, Apr 6, 2011.

1. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

Went for my 2nd session of physio on my shoulder today, & the buggar took me by surprise!!! He decided he was going to do cortizone injections into my shoulder joint today!!!:eek: (instead of 4 weeks down the line)

I near on crapped myself!!! Ive got to say that me & injections just do not mix!!!!:cryin: normally Im like linford christie at the mention of one as on off like a shot!!!

But Ive been in so much pain with it I agreed, mouth said yes & brain was thinking i'd lost the plot!!!

Im sore now but should get some ease after a couple of days, have to go back in 2 weeks!

2. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

oh heck..did it hurt?

i might need them in my elbow and everyone has told me its terrible getting the injection :smile:
    i have been told to wear a strap, but its god bleeding worse since wearing it:(

hope it feels better real soon onyxx

3. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

can't lie it stings like hell but it'll be worth it to be free of pain! they aint finished with me yet have to have the same treatment on both knees :( he'll start on that once my shoulder improves.

They also make you wait 30 mins in the waiting room afterwards to make sure your not allergic to the lidnocaine or the cortizone!

4. cravensmum

cravensmum PetForums VIP

Snap
    I have had one in my knee today,hopefully in a couple of days I will be running around like Linford Christie.:)

5. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

ouuu i have heard they are painfull, but also heard that they are wonderfull!!

6. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

What is exactly wrong with your shoulder? I had frozen shoulder a few years ago i had the injections and have never looked back. Physio made my shoulder worse.

7. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

i have been told loads of stories..paddy said his dad had them in his elbow and for a couple of days afterwards the pain was worse than before the injection...dunno..i really don't want to have it now...

knee...oooohhhhh bless have a hug from me..(((hug)))

i think in the future i may need them in my thumb joints also..****:(

its **** this getting old malarky:rolleyes::rolleyes:

8. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

damaged & inflamed ligaments & burstitis (think thats how you spell it) I damaged both my shoulders from years of lifting my mum in & out of the bath, thankfully carers now bath her so I dont have to do it.

Im hoping that although it's not nice having it done it gets rid of the pain, he'll do my other shoulder after my knees lol good job ive not got 4 legs they'd have shot me by now if I had :D

Knees were damaged after a fall landed at the bottom of the stairs on both knees on concrete about 8 yrs ago (couldnt save myself had my nephew in my arms).

Made a hell of a mess of both of them have had problems with them ever since I cant kneel at all now havent been able too for about 5 yrs, have had injections of a gel behind both knees in the past to ease the pain but it didnt work for long.

He did say the pain might be worse for 48hrs after the injection but after that I'd see an improvement, I'd go for it julie as they way your elbow is without treatement the damage is on going all the time, after treatement it should improve.

#8 0nyxx, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  9. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Ive had them in my spine and shoulder, the one in my back wasnt pleasant but i would do it all again, the difference has been amazing.

10. ClaireLouise

Hope ur ok x

Ive got to have a steriod injection in my wrist soon, not looking forward to it

11. borderer

borderer Guest

i had one in my shoulder it never hurt at all my shoulder is great now:D

12. cravensmum

cravensmum PetForums VIP

I have had a few of them over the years,I have Rhumatoid Arthritis and sometimes the drugs I am already on are not enough and if one particular joint is playing up,with me it's usually the knee as I walk a lot,I get a steroid injection.

It didn't hurt as bad as I thought it was going to today,as I had forgotten they inject into the joint until I got there.:scared:

My knee is still a bit sore,and I been told to rest for 24-48 hours,but I will have to take the dog a walk tomorrow,but I think I will go to the local park and let him play around with his friends,so I don't have to walk far.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice