Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Surgery ?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Cooley, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Cooley

Cooley PetForums Newbie

Hello , I have a classmate with a cute Lil pug . There is something wrong with his eye and from what I understand the doctors gave them an eye medication to use which is a clear gel . It seems to have gotten wise instead of better . The doctors want to do surgery but they do not have the funds to do so unfortunately . Does anyone have any advice on what else may help ? They have a go fund me up for the lil pups surgery . I'll post the link for that too I guess . . . I wish I knew more of how to help , my dogs never had health issues . Just old age issues . :(

2. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I am sorry for your friend. Unfortunately pugs often need surgery and have both eye and breathing problems. Not a breed to get without a lot of thought and very good insurance. Not sure why anyone should contribute towards her vets bills and you are not allowed to ask for money on here.

Is it worth her trying the PDSA for a cheaper option if she is qualifies. If not then a credit card or ask the vet for a payment plan.

ebonycat, Torin. and Lurcherlad like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice