Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Surely I look different

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by suewhite, Apr 12, 2011.

1. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

Blooming heck I've just been shopping and someone tapped me on the shoulder and said "It"s Sue isn't we used to go to school together"I had no idea who she was but apparently we were in the same class when we were 6 years old she said she"d know me anywhere as I hadnt changed a bit I"m in my 50s surely I didnt look like this when I was 6:yikes::yikes:I had to pretend I knew who she was:rolleyes:

2. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

I hate when you dont remember someone :eek: and always get you havnt changed :confused:

3. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I'd take it as a compliment!!

If you still have the youthful look of a child on your face then you is one happy lady! :D

Although, you might be a bit old for pig-tails and having your socks rolled down around your ankles!!! :D :D :D :D

4. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

I remember people from years ago (photographic memory) but I don't go up and tap them on the shoulder and say hi, in case they think I'm a loony :lol:

Why didn't you just ask who she was?

5. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Your gonna have to stop wearing your hair in piggytails, andwearing them white socks and school skirts now :eek: ;) :D

6. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

you should have asked who she was, you may have recognised her name

7. bird

bird PetForums VIP

I get that, "Oh hello, I'd know you anywhere you've not changed a bit"............erm yes I have, my hair was never this colour naturally, its dyed as its now almost 100% grey, I never had all these wrinkles back then and I was minimum 2/3 dress sizes smaller, so how am I the same. :confused: :rolleyes: Having said that people mostly tend to look at my vacant stare and realise I've not a scooby who they are and so they then start telling me their names and I finish it off for them. :D All the while thinking, "you say I've not changed but my word you have". :eek:

8. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

When I can't remember someone that remember me I just smile and nood and say wow is that the time yawn got to go nice saying hi lol

9. I remember once when I was working in tesco a woman came to my till and as I was passing her groceries through the till she said...I remember you from when you were in my nursery class. She was my nursery teacher and I was gobsmacked that she would remember my name and reconise me. I was about 22 at the time

10. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

haha, when I was in high school we had a girl who started in our 3rd year (year 9) and she came running up to me and hugged me.... apparently we used to play on the park together when we were little kids and when she started at my school, she saw my name on the register and asked to be put into the same form group as me :eek:

I cannot remember this girl.... I told her & we used to have a good laugh about it at school that I hadn't a dickie bird who she was! We turned out to be good mates anyway... lost contact now though lol but will say hello if I see her around town :)

We only left school 5 years ago but I always wonder when I see someone if they will recognise me, I try and avoid speaking to them just in case they don't know who I am :eek:

11. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

It`s embarressing when someone recognises you, but you haven`t got a clue who they are.
    Most the time, I can carry on with a conversation and work out who they are by what they are talking about, especially if they mention pets and kids lol
    But sometimes, after 5 minutes of a conversation, I am still struggling to guess who they are, so I shamefully say, I know your face, but for the live of me remember where from :eek:

12. CreativeLC

CreativeLC PetForums VIP

I was shopping with my Mum once and a woman came up to me and asked if my Mum was called Wendy and I said yes. She then asked she did go to so and so school and I said yes and she said well I used to go to school with her.
    I was suprised but she didn't wait around to speak to my Mum or anything like that.
    So we will never know who it was!

13. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Mum often meets people she used to work with but doesn't recognise them. They always seem to know who I am aswell but mum doesn't have a clue on their names or anything :eek:

14. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

Ahhh you probably look just as youthful and glowing as you did when you were a youngster, take it as a compliment :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice