Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sureflap issues...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by StuNo1, Aug 17, 2009.

1. StuNo1

StuNo1 PetForums Junior

Hi everyone. This is my firdt post on the forum so take it easy on me! Me and my Fiancee have 2 lovely cats that and we live in a area with lots of cats!!! We had / have issues with cats coming in the flat to eat their food. So we bought a 'Sureflap' as both are microchiped and seemed to fit the bill. didnt want the 'PetPorte' as no power supply near the door.

First sureflap worked fine at first but the the latch stayed down, re-set the flap and re-refistered the cats many times and still had this issue. Had the flat replaced dirrectly through sureflap who said never had this issue before.

Low and behold 6 months in and have the same problem! Woke up thid morning to neighbours cat in our kitchen happily havig a second breakfast!

Has anyone else had issues with these cat flaps? Are there any other battery opperated alternatives that work better?

Cheers

Stuart

UPDATE

Right, the genreal manager from sureflap called and explained there is a issue with the srping being slightly too stiff and new softer springs have been ordered. He also said a very small dose of WD40 where the catch sits will resolve the problem in the short term. He is sending me a DVD of how to dissasembel and reasembel the sureflap and a new softer spring once they get them in stock. He asked how the customer service centre were as well and overall i am pleased.

I really do genuinely rate this product. My cats loose so may colors, I have tried them all! Easy release ones come off to easily, buckle ones get caught in they paws and lower jaw! A micro chip operated cat flap is spot on and once this niggle is resolved i will be a happy chappy. No colors, keeps out the bad cats and keeps my cats happy and safe. After researching the market i do believe this is the best product of its kind.

Stuart

#1 StuNo1, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  2. StuNo1

StuNo1 PetForums Junior

UpdaATE AS ABOVE :0)

3. Fayfe

Fayfe PetForums Newbie

Thats great service from Sureflap, hopefully this will solve your issues.

I picked the pet porte version and have also found it a wonderfully clever little item, great investment.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice