Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Supplements for pancreatitis

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Paddypaws, May 18, 2010.

1. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

Does anyone use supplements or herbs as a preventative measure when a dog suffers from chronic pancreatitis? I know that for cats Milk Thistle and L-carnitine are useful...but have never had a dog!
    It is not my dog, and he has been diagnosed by a vet and has ben put on a low fat diet already. He is a young Golden Retriever if that is relevant at all.

2. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

No idea...but..i would be very interested if anyone has any ideas... I know some dogs are given a Vit B supplement when they are having a flare up of pancreatits ...I gave Mavis Zentinol Advanced which does contain Milk thistle but this was only because the pancreatits had also damaged her liver..
    I will also give Mavis sweet potato quite often as it has lots of vitamins and is a natural anti oxidant

Juliex

3. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Have you looked up slippery elm bark as something to soothe and repair the stomach lining? Works wonders with regards to all things stomachy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice