Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Superfish Aqua 40 (25L)

Discussion in 'Tropical Aquarium Advice' started by Argent, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

....would it be suitable for a combo of neons/guppies/leopard plecs and shrimp or hermit crabs?

Been to my local aquatics shop today and had a look around at some fish in the flesh, and had a chat with the owner, I think I've been way overestimating the size of tank I need for the size of fish I'd like, and she kinda convinced me it may be cheaper in the long run to buy a clearance tank from brand new rather than search out a giant, cheap as chips tank with no filter/light/heater. Is it ok to add a heater to this tank? And if so, which one?

If too small for that sort of community, would it be ok for a betta? And could anyone help me source some locally? (Merseyside) Thanks :laugh:

2. magpie

magpie PetForums VIP

25L is pretty small... it might just do for a single betta, or it would make a nice shrimp tank! Definitely too small for anything else though.

I always recommend going for bigger tanks, as they are easier to maintain and give you a lot more options for stocking :)

3. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

It's just affording it unfortunately! XD Trying to find bigger for around a similar price but it's proving difficult...know any good discount websites that have clearance models?

4. kathateria

kathateria PetForums Member

5. magpie

magpie PetForums VIP

What kind of price range are you looking at?

You can get some really decent, second-hand bargains if you hunt around places like ebay, preloved, gumtree, etc?

6. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Thanks for the link, will check out the facebook groups as well ;)

Tried ebay and all the free-ad sites, my budget is about £50 tbh, wanted to get the tank and a fishless cycle going for when I next get paid and can then start buying plants and fish etc.

7. magpie

magpie PetForums VIP

8. NaomiM

NaomiM Love my furry, feathered and finned family

You'll definitely need a big tank if you want plecs. Leopard frog plecos (is that what you're looking at?) are one of the smaller species, but still produce a lot of waste. If you meant leopard sailfin plecos, though, I'd avoid them completely as they can grow to 20 inches long!

#8 NaomiM, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice