Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Super Bladder

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Tanji, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Tanji

Tanji PetForums Member

Is it just Tanji? She can go from when we go to bed at night, not a peep all night I get up show her to the back door if its raining like this morning she looks up at me outside back at me the walks behind me back in through the kitchen to the front room.

About an hour later I again tried to let her out (was waiting for a parcel) she did the same identically. I fed us both breakfast then maybe 2 1/2 hours after getting up the parcel arrived, she went out to bark at delivery man, then headed back in where I was going. I insisted she went in the garden and had pee and she hid round the corner till I went in still not going.

Got wet weather gear on and went out, I might add we walked for a good 6-7 minutes on grass before she squatted, including parents dogs this is the 6th (all different) dogs I have had big dealings with but none of them are like her BLADDER QUEEN for not going. Anyone else dog like this?

2. VickynHolly

VickynHolly PetForums VIP

Holly does this as well. She hardly ever ask to go out during the night, maybe 4 times a year, if that!.

She likes walking in the rain, but is not a huge fan of going in the garden while it is raining, so she holds it in instead.

3. WeedySeaDragon

WeedySeaDragon PetForums VIP

Arnie has been known, on occasion, to go for nearly 24 hours without going out for a wee if the weather has been bad :blink:

Sadly his reputation for a cast iron bladder has been tainted somewhat as he's now on diuretics so needs to go out a bit more regularly than he would like :lol:

4. loukodi

loukodi PetForums Senior

Misty is like this too, but I don't think its the rain she just doesn't want to go outside and miss any treat feeding that might be going on inside, it takes lots of convincing to get her to go outside morning, noon and night.

5. astro2011

astro2011 PetForums VIP

Astro can go for AGES without peeing! It's amazing lol! I always keep the door open but he never goes until he decide its time lol.

6. sezeelson

sezeelson PetForums VIP

Yep both mine do this. Raven literally has a steel bladder and I'm really amazed at how long she can hold onto it for!

7. Tanji

Tanji PetForums Member

Thanks all, thought she was a bit of a loner in that department seems not.

8. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

Jets just the same, holds it for ages and ages. Refuses to go out in the rain for a pee before bed time, doesn't wake me up, and only one 'accident' in almost 6 years.
    How do they do it, hold it for soooooo long.??? :eek:

9. pogo

pogo PetForums VIP

they can hold it well BUT being typical boys take an chance they get to pee up the plants in the garden :rolleyes:

10. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

Bess won't pee first thing in the morning - she'll wait until about 10.30 before she'll deign to.

Had to take her to the vet once for a 9.15 appointment. He wanted me to get a sample, and said 'I don't know how you're going to do that?'. I said, I do. She's yet to go for her morning wee. I knew it would be a long one! :)

Anyway, when I got the results he told me it was all fine, except a little concentrated.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice