Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Super Benek cat litter

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Bigsize9foot, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Bigsize9foot

Bigsize9foot PetForums Member

So we changed to super benek about a month ago. Previously used catsan.

definitely a convert to clumping litter. However a few issues.

1. when do you change the full tray? At the moment we top it up and I changed it after 2 weeks but we seem to go through it quite quickly. It doesn’t appear to be any more economical than the catsan just now unless I’m doing something wrong.

2. My kittens are persisting in eating it. Usually when it’s in clump form- yuk. Not in great amounts but enough that one of them was sick one night and I could see bits of litter in it.

is there another economic alternative?

2. gskinner123

gskinner123 PetForums VIP

If you aren't finding Super Benek cost effective I think you will have few options.

Are you buying the Super Benek Corn Cat in the very large 40L white plastic bags?

I have used it for a very long time and am yet to find a more cost effective alternative. I put a very deep layer in the tray, around 6" or even more. This prevents urine sinking to the bottom of the tray quickly and 'pooling' which uses up more litter/breaks up when you scoop.

I discard the whole lot once a month or so. I know it doesn't seem often enough but the litter is still clean, no odour.

3. Bigsize9foot

Bigsize9foot PetForums Member

Yes getting the big bag. Maybe I’m changing the full thing too often. Will try another bag and see how it goes. I do like it- much cleaner and no smell. Hopefully the kittens will stop being tempted to eat it!

4. Kirstd78

Kirstd78 PetForums Member

It's the best litter I've used for our 2, I fill about 3 Inches, sift out the wees and poos a few times daily and do a full clean and replace every 2-3 weeks

Bigsize9foot likes this.
  5. Kirstd78

Kirstd78 PetForums Member

I should say I also sprinkle a little deodorising powder once a day as I have a sensitive nose to niffs!

6. pennycat

pennycat PetForums Senior

Is Super Benek similar to world’s best cat litter (corn)? I completely change that every 4 weeks, and just top it up in between. Works out about £3.50 a week.

I’m not sure re eating it though, sorry!

Bigsize9foot likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice