Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sunggle safes

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by jaxb05, Oct 9, 2013.

1. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Hi guys - wondering when you all start to use your sunggle safes? I tend to use them as soon as it gets cold, but Pickles and Amos rarely sit by them. I just like to know they have the option to use them if they want.
    Also does anyone know of the cheapest place to uy them is at the minute? I want to get a spare one/
    thankies,
    Jacqui

2. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

I never used them as I hae indoor bunnies but I would
    Like to get some as well.
    Also if my bunnies are in the garage shall I give them some-they always have heater on -it kicks in if temp drops down below 15 degree.
    Some of my bunnies sit in hutches we have in garage but some of them prefer sitting on carpet outside and they look for me like they cold (but I am person who has carrabean at home as I love heat -Funky used to to it so much -he now sits right next to radiator and Stuart used to sit in spot were sun was)!
    Sorry I am using your thread but I thought while people answer your question maybe they can answer mine too:rolleyes::confused: I hope you don't mind!
    Pets@h sell them but they are quite expensive.

3. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

I have found them so helpful with with unwell bunnies and hedgehogs.

They were going very cheap on amazon at one time so might be worth checking there.

I don use them for the bunnies normally unless temps are going to go below 0 over night will be taking extra care this winter as Lottie is still a frail thing.

4. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Checked out amazon. 16£ plus free postage.
    I do have a heater in the shed. I cant remember what the name is but researched them and asked at my local rescue and they recommended them. It only slighty warms up but still I worry about using a heater and rarely have it on.

5. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

We have several, and they are good to have handy, but we only use them after ops, with poorly/old/arthritic bunnies or in sub zero temperatures.

Our enclosures are well weatherproofed, and the hutches have mounds of hay in, so they aren't usually needed.

We have used them under water bowls, to stop them freezing.

Last year, they were on amazon dirt cheap (£8/9), so it's always watching out for them on offer.

6. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

Faith will be going for spaying soon so I get her one-she and Sky are saying i utility now as bonded has been damaged! I am going to bring big hutch back for them and attached run (hutch already had run) but after Faith recover from spaying!

7. sskmick

sskmick PetForums VIP

:eek: I just pile in the hay so their bedding area is three quarters full. I would worry about the sudden change in temperature plus I was told by the vet that rabbits are more comfortable in cold weather than hot.

During the winter of 2010/2011 Barney chose to be out in his run most of the time when temperatures dropped to -8. I always let him out for a run in the garden which apparently helps them to store their heat.

To check weather a rabbit is warm enough I was told to touch his neck behind his ears.

8. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

Yes - provided a healthy rabbit is used to living outside, and has a good winter coat, they tend to cope far better with the cold than the heat.

9. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

I Alawys worry about mine in the garage so we have dyson fan set up on the temperature -I put 15 degree Richard goes and turn it down (makes me :mad:) and kicks in if temp goes below that!
    They probably fine but I always worry.
    Garage door are not greatest and I worry about draughts so I am not sure how am I going to block that. Last year we have had lots of rolls drugs put against it but they say there next to cold or really hot door in summer and wee on them so I had to threw them away!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice