Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

summer holidays

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pa2k84, Jul 16, 2009.

1. pa2k84

pa2k84 PetForums Senior

Ok any great plans on how to keep little ones amused for 6 weeks? I will take anything days out, craft ideas, cooking ideas etc. Sure there are many people who would benefit from the advice. :)

Just started nannying looking after a 2 1/2 year old and a 5 year old.

2. animallover111

My two are older but i have booked my daughter in two weeks of dance camp.....cost £60 for 5 days 9am-4pm so i think super value.....thats with Leeds Rhino's Cheerleaders.......and booked my son who is 13 for 5 days of intense rugby training..his was a bit more expensive.....£150 for 5 days.....

Then booked a week away in Spain for them both...with my brother...so school hols are looking good......

All our council run swimming baths are having free swimming so thats fantastic as both mine love swimming......

3. kath123

kath123 Guest

I need some great ideas as well, otherwise you will be visiting me in a hospital somewhere rocking back and forth!!!!!! :D:D

4. animallover111

:lol::lol: i cant really remember what i did with mine when they were younger....i know cupboard under the stairs was always handy.......:eek:

5. pa2k84

pa2k84 PetForums Senior

Have got a list of different places to visit for days out - parents very keen on them going out and its there money so thats all good! To be honest the 2 year old is no problem at all its the 5 year old - very headstrong girl who knows exactly what she wants to do and wont be convinced otherwise so need some good new exciting things to hopefully change her opinions a bit.

6. Cuddypuppy

Cuddypuppy PetForums Member

Making pizzas - starting with a cheese and tomato and letting the kids add toppings of their choice.

Also, kids love playing with pastry dough - you could get the jusroll pastry and make little sausage rolls etc.

If we have good weather, running through the garden sprinkler goes down a treat.

As we are getting a puppy on Saturday, and we are all off school (including me, as I work in school), I think we will be plenty occupied for the duration of the holidays!

7. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Baking is always a good one, if doing cakes start from begining they love the interaction
    Parks - take a picnic
    Museums usually have something interactive going on the smaller ones seem to do more than the bigger ones for some reason
    Playing pirates in the long grass in dog walking fields
    Swimmings always a good one - it also tires the little darlings :eek: out
    If the weathers nice or niceish painting outside or picking things up on walks and then making them into pictures
    Cant you tell what I'll be doing for the nx 6 wks:rolleyes:

8. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

:eek: :eek:
    Good luck with that! :D

9. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

They are both going to a fun camp next Wednesday for 3 nights and my son is also going every day for a week to an autism play scheme so I can spend some quality time with my daughter. Other than that its going to be swimming baths, pictures, picnics etc.

10. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

11. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Well my mum has tied me up in a room, with just a laptop, i think its working!! Only problem is rope burn....:(:(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice