Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

suggestions required

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by barneythore, Jul 18, 2009.

1. barneythore

barneythore PetForums Senior

i had my jrt put to sleep on monday and my two and a half year old spaniel hasnt been the same since he looks so sad in his face and i just dont no what to do for him can anyone at all help me please

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

So sorry for your loss.

Could you try taking his mind off of things? Play with him, set him tasks like hiding his favourite treats, take him for a good long walk.

He will eventually adapt and cope with the loss. Does he have any doggy pals? Maybe meet up with some for a play.

3. reddogs

reddogs PetForums Senior

When we had our old boy PTS last year the next one down was fine and then went all subdued and unhappy about three weeks later, we were all worried enough that we took her to the vets for a check up but turns out that she was just in mourning and got over it after a while.

The advice is to carry on as normal and don't over compensate, just cuddles as you would normally, our girl was helped by the fact that we have other dogs in the house.

4. barneythore

barneythore PetForums Senior

thanxs reddogs i also have a baby dog of 16 weeks in the house to keep him company as long as i no he will get over it then i will be ok its just a worry

5. reddogs

reddogs PetForums Senior

Always is but honestly all will be OK

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice