UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kinda forgot to organise a meet after making the last thread :eek:

here's the places im thinking could be good:

Ipswich dog park - fab if everyone has sociable dogs, if we go here i can let Kira off. No reports of any illnesses that i have heard of and we go regularly and I have friends who go a few times a week.

Felixstowe beach - dogs now allowed on the beach, usually quite quiet at this time of year but will be COLD as its coastal, something to consider if you hate the cold lol. Again no reports of illness and have a friend who lives there.

Bramford meadows - a walk from Bramford to the next village (takes as long as you want it too, just turn around again lol. This is a lovely walk alongside a river through some marshland. Will need wellies/waterproof boots as there is a small stream to cross. Will not be able to do this if it has rained heavily due to flooding but it is 10 minutes from my house so I can go and check on the day.

Nacton shores - walk along the orwell river, not been in ages but its usually a nice spot :)

Woodbridge - not walked here but heard its good walking and there is a dog friendly pub that even has its own dog menu!

Rendlesham forest (daisies walk) - this is a lovely walk, though is a forest so possible SCI - nothing im overly worried about but i know others are!

Thinking of doing this in the next 2 weeks. Any day is fine for me bar the 14th (20 week scan!)

any other suggestions of places welcome, these are just the ones I know should be good!

·
Super Moderator
29,630 Posts
We're still game:)

Can't do this coming Sunday or any day next week apart from Tuesday or the weekend, then can't do Thurs/Fri the week after. I'm easy as far as location goes, though I'd love to go to the dog park at Ipswich:)

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We're still game:)

Can't do this coming Sunday or any day next week apart from Tuesday or the weekend, then can't do Thurs/Fri the week after. I'm easy as far as location goes, though I'd love to go to the dog park at Ipswich:)
im up for the dog park every tuesday, its our after training treat! we get there around 12ish and stay till whenever :)

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
RE Woodbridge, are you thinking of the King's Head? Lovely pub and they do indeed have a dog menu including Bonios and snouts! Still not taken Breeze but there's often dogs in there and in the Old Mariner's.

I'm still up for it but probably wouldn't risk Bramford meadows as I imagine it's the most likely to have scarers and shooting (correct me if I'm wrong!).
My work shifts aren't regular so I'll just tag along if I'm available, but I always work monday-tuesday-wednesday.

Don't plan it around us!

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RE Woodbridge, are you thinking of the King's Head? Lovely pub and they do indeed have a dog menu including Bonios and snouts! Still not taken Breeze but there's often dogs in there and in the Old Mariner's.

I'm still up for it but probably wouldn't risk Bramford meadows as I imagine it's the most likely to have scarers and shooting (correct me if I'm wrong!).
My work shifts aren't regular so I'll just tag along if I'm available, but I always work monday-tuesday-wednesday.

Don't plan it around us!
we heard a shot while we were there, only one though so not sure what it was lol

yep thats the pub! never been myself but heard its good :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.