Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Suddenly Affectionate?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jess2308, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

Molly, my somewhat aloof, outdoor kitty has suddenly turned into a cuddly, snuggly lapcat :confused: She has always been friendly but on her terms, she mostly wanted to be outside though. But suddenly the last couple of days she has been ALL over me, like right now im having to type around her rolling on my laptop, so excuse any typos :lol: She keeps following me around the house and jumping on my lap at any opportunity - this is very out of character :confused:

The only thing I can think is that for 6 weeks I was pretty much living at my mums to look after the Evie puppy, and just popping into my house twice a day to feed everyone. Maybe that has prompted it? Though, i've been back over a week now and the weird behaviour has only just started yesterday....

Dont get me wrong, im not complaining, I love that she is being so sweet as she's fluffy and lovely to cuddle :D But it just seems a bit odd. She is about 15 months old now so maybe her age?

2. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

Mitzy was a cuddly kitten, then went all 'teenage ' on me for 6 months.:confused: Recently she has started coming for more cuddles again....so maybe this is what is happening with Molly. Long may it continue for both of us though!

3. chesca13

chesca13 PetForums Member

Rhubarb was like that she loved cuddles when she was a kitten but now shes 8 months she is too cool for cuddles now :cool:, :lol:, she gives the odd one but they are when she wants to but Noodles is only 11 weeks and he loves his mummys cuddles :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice