Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Such a good girl

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nellybelly, May 27, 2010.

1. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

My Bella is such a good girl.
    It's been almost a year since I got her, and she's come a long way. There have been moments where I have wondered if I did the right thing getting another dog after losing my angel Nelson... but I know I can't live without a dog in my life.

I love Bella irrespective of her being a good girl or not, but I am very proud of how far we've come.

She has great recall, walks well on lead, she is very well behaved when we are out the house e.g. at friends, out for coffee, walking in town and window shopping! She is non detsructive and perfectly toilet trained. I take so many things for granted, that somtimes I need to stop and realise how lucky I am.
    I am Bella's world...she looks at me with those adoring dog eyes. And I don't mean it to come across in an egoistic sense...but I think a happy dog is a dog who knows that they belong. And I find myelf loving her that tiny bit more every day. I feel that all the effort I have put in is being paid back double.

I will always hurt for Nelson, and always miss him, and he will always be my special boy...but I have finally learnt how to separate Nelson and Bella.

Anyway, back to the point...I was just thinking how lucky I have been to share 9 years of my life with Nelson, and how lucky I am now to have the chance to spend many yeras to come with Bella:)

Apologies for this entirely random post...I just had to share how much I love my girl, and say that she really is a good girl. She loves running, a day is incomplete for her without her off lead, but she is good as gold...almost always (life wouldnt be fun without a bit of naughty!)

2. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

That is exactly how it is with Heidi (you could have been talking about us :D)- arent we lucky:thumbup:

3. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

yes we really are:) Sometimes I take all these things for granted with Bella, but I was watching an episode of "It's me or the dog" and I realised that Bella is actually so so well behaved.

I think they would actually be best friends if they met:) best friends to add to her already existing 2 best friends - one is male and one if female, both are rescues and both 7kg so the same size as Bella, but Bella will very happily play with any dog as long as they are not oo big and boisterous (then she just rolls over in submission until mommy comes to the rescue!!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice