Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Successful Walk with Makita this morning - :-)

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Milliepoochie, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Just wanted to report on my first Pavement walk with our new bear Makita this morning. Until now all my walks with him have been 10 mins down road to the fields then on a long line aorund the fields.

This morning I decided we would go on a pavement walk around the village. I put his Halti on (Not attached to his lead or collar purely to start getting him used to it) then clipped a short lead to his new collar :) The first 10 minutes were crazy with him pulling like a steam train. But then something just clicked and he really chilled.

He sat patiently at each road we had to cross (I need to gently tap his bum as well as using a verbal command but already 10X better than having to physically force his bum down like the previous owners did hehe)

I was so pleasently suprised with how he was content just trotting along next to me :) We saw another dog which he completely ignored :).

When we got home I took him on the school playing field on his Flexi for abit of a run :)

Had to share as I had such a relaxing walk with him :)

He is also really settling at home, although he has a habit of using my wellies as toys in the garden haha! Last night he spent ages lying by the Kitchen door with his nose under it, Millie laid on the other side with her nose under and they were 'talking' to each other. They were both so relaxed it was the cutest thing. Cant wait for Millie to recover, I am hoping this 3 weeks or so living together but apart will make them stronger and that they still manage to bond to an extent even though we cant let them together properly for a while.

#1 Milliepoochie, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice