Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Success....!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Gilly and Jess, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Gilly and Jess

Gilly and Jess PetForums Senior

I took a neighbours dog out with Jess tonight. Alfie is a little heinz 57, but strongly Yorkshire terrier I think. Loves to play with his ball. I decided to borrow him for a little while, to see if it would brush off on Jess.

It did!! After a few throws and Alfie flying backwards and forwards, Jess started to nudge the ball with her nose. Then pick it up. Then run after it!! I was over the moon with her. Made a big fuss of her, gave her rewards when she brought it back to me. Teaching her to drop it was hard, she just hung on and hung on to it, :D

slight problem after 20 minutes or so, I had two balls, two dogs. Alfie wasn't prepared to share them both and went for Jess. I had to seperate them and put them both back on lead. Walked them home and put the ball away.

Going to go back out tomorrow with her by herself, see if it she still gets it on her own. I've spent weeks trying in the house to get her to show interest in the ball, and all it took was another dog!

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I'm glad you all had fun :D
    Good luck tomorrow :)

3. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

Yay that's brilliant news :D fancy it being so simple after all that trying you have done :)

It's amazing what they can learn off another dog. Bizkit wouldn't swim until one day he was paddling at the side of a lake when a Newfie ran out into the water past him and swam right out into the lake...and he followed her :yikes:

4. Gilly and Jess

Well I've just got back from a walk with her! She was well up for playing with the ball. She picked up where she left off yesterday, chased the ball, picked it up and brought it back. Then proceeded to sit on it and not let me get it, so it's a good job I took two balls! :D

didn't last all that long with it today, I think we got about 15 minutes but that'll do for me considering she's only just caught on! She lost interest after that, ran to it but didn't pick it up, then she disappeared into the bushes so I gave up....:D

5. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

Wooop woop go Jessie :)

15 minutes is good going for a dog who wouldn't even chase a ball the day before yesterday :D

6. Gilly and Jess

Indeed! I was well chuffed.....gonna try again in a few minutes...;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice