Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Success!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, May 30, 2010.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Dave's crate has been folded up for the last 2 days :thumbup: :D

There isn't much room for it by the back door anyway, but I started off using it to keep Dixie beside the door, Dave had the door open that faced onto her bed.
    I had to put a box ontop to stop Dixie jumping out- the cable for the fridge freezer was under the door to the kitchen stopping it closing, but we drilled a hole so now it can shut.

So now the crate is leaning up against the freezer hiding the extension cable (the fridge will be moved into the kitchen when my uncle comes) just to make sure Dave doesn't electrocute himself!

They have been sooo good :D sleeping on the same bed together Dixie uses Dave as a pillow hehe.
    They have made no noise and no mess when I come down in the morning they just go out (supervised as iv not finished wiring the fence over!) then go wake up OH.

The first morning we were here Dave had pooped all over his bed. OH says the dogs arent that stressed ''because they don't bark if I come in the house and don't go see them'' (obv though they are sleeping heavier from being exhausted from the stress) and Dave muse have been sooo stressed to mess his bed!

Dixie, who had the runs last time we moved, has been fine apart from she needs to be trained for SA from Dave, I can't have him away from her unless OH is in.

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Well done Dave - what a good boy :thumbup:
    Sounds like they are settling in really well.

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Well we went to edinburgh on sunday, I took the dogs to the park for a good workout right before we left, they were so pooped they coldn't even pull me up the hill! Lol

Put them to bed and let OH dad know we were just leaving and to give it 2ish hours before taking them out.

Well he took them on a 6 mile walk, they were back at 2pm, then out for a pee at 4 and we were home at 7.

The neighbours never heard them, nothing was chewed and there was no mess :D :thumbup:

They go on there bed no problem, even leave them in there with the doors open in the day and they just stay there :)

4. crazybones

crazybones PetForums VIP

whey hey well done dixie and dave

5. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

thats good, bet you are so proud of them :thumbup:

6. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

My little boy is all grown up! Lol
    I was so worrid he was going to chew stuff but I think the problem at the old house was he has so much room he didnt know what to do! Lol
    The area they have is big enough for Dixie's folded duvet in a cover bed, theres just enough room to get the back door open an have a dish of water in the corner Lol

What colour should I paint the dogs' room??

7. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

paint it a brown, that way the mud wont show up :lol::lol:

my dog room is just magnolia, although it gets dirty quickly its easy enough to was down and paint over as and when it needs and being light it makes the room feel bigger :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice