Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Submissive Wee

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by charmed-imsure, Aug 7, 2009.

1. charmed-imsure

charmed-imsure PetForums Junior

Hi,

My gorgeous beautiful Poppy is amazing, glad thats established! She's about 7 months but a good sized Collie (she's apparently collie x alsation but I see more......). Anyway.. She seems to have a submissive wee problem. She also has separation anxiety (at will). When me or my partner come in the house, she gets way over excited so we ignore her because she pees everywhere otherwise. This ignoration from us has worked because she no longer pees when she's trying to greet. She doesn't pee on impact so to speak, anymore. After she settles, we stroke her on her chest (this advice came from an expert btw) and it works. Sometimes she just goes crazy again, we do the ignore, then she settles once more... as soon as you say hello, she pees. I've almost got it nailed but grrr, this is hard.

I don't work, I'm with her daily whch explains separation anxiety, but the pee bit, she does it to me even if I'm on the loo & she's right in front of me. That is a submissive wee. It seems to depend on her mood. Other than this probelm, she's been amazing, so easy to train, easy to please, easy to look after... but I can't conquer this submissive wee thing...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice