Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

sturdibag pet carriers-experiences?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by ackackack, May 29, 2010.

1. ackackack

ackackack PetForums Junior

has anyone ever used a sturdibag carrier for their cat??
    if so what size do you use?
    i need a carrier for air travel and am considering ordering one..

2. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

Hi,

I have one myself. I have the large divided one and its very good. It depends on the size of your cat too.I would say for a large breed like the Maine coon get the extra large. I would also get the little locks for the carrier so the cat cannot open the carrier himself.

Have you tried my pet carrier? They have the sturdi bags and other sturdi products,they are very reasonable in price too.

Sturdi Bags

Izzie

3. ackackack

thanks for the info!
    my cat is a small female around 6lbs. i'm debating getting her a small or large.

4. Tje

Tje Banned

Can I ask a question? Are these carriers airline approved for hold travel or only for cabin travel? I’m assuming only when the cat’s travelling in the cabin with you?? I just googled them, I really like the look of them!

5. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

Im not sure if they are airline approved or not,as you said when they are travelling in the cabin with you they possibly are,but I wouldn't deem them suitable at all if they had to be in the hold.I used a Vari kennel for bringing my boys to Switzerland.

Izzie

6. Tje

Tje Banned

that's what I was thinking Izzie... just for the cabin, not for the hold. I did do a quick google and I could see they were airline approved... but surely just for the cabin. No way would I put my cat in the hold in one of those things, lol. If I was ever to take my cats with me in the cabin I would like one though.

7. ackackack

i've seen some sites that say they are approved for in cabin travel.
    they wouldn't be acceptable for cargo!

8. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

check with the airline, they often have a list of approved cat carriers.

Indy has the Cabrio, another 'approved' for airtravel, both hold and cabin. I love it and out of interest checked it out and I was fine to have him in it in the hold for BA flights and KLM (the only two I checked) as long as it had a padlock on the door.

[​IMG]

#8 IndysMamma, May 30, 2010
    Last edited: May 30, 2010
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice