Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Stupied People! Dog loose

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Miss.PuddyCat, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

I was just upstairs when I heard our next doors German Shepard barking so looked out my window to find him full out barking running loose up and down the street.

I knew they werent home next door so bolted down the stairs and out the front door where I lost sight of him.

Now Ive met this dog several times before and he has never once shown any aggression. But when he rounded around someone car barking Ill admit I froze for second cause when I called him he just stopped and looked at me no wagging tail (like Ive met him before)

but he did come over when I got him to sit I wrapped my arms around him, to when this lady came yelling at me from a few houses down saying my (me) dog attacked her son. I polity and calming informed her this was not my dog and that it was my next doors.

The the man that looks after the houses and the area came over asking what the problem was, while this was going I yelled into the house for my brother and his friend to bring me a leash. They did and I looped in around the dogs deck through the handle.

I dont think the man that looks after these building likes dogs cause he kept saying ooo he doesnt like me but when I brought Oda (the dog over) Oda was fine just to sit there.

The peoples front door was wide open which is how Oda got out. Ive put him back inside and pulled the door hard and then pushed it to make sure it was shut.

Im scared I hope nothing happens to Oda, I bet he was just barking cause he had no idea where his family were and I dont think next door have socialized him well because he always barks at other dogs or people but is real friendly if you know him well (like me) .

There really recluse to and I dont think they like us. I just hope nothing happens to him

2. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Did you see his owners / speak to them at all? If not it may be worth you popping around and explaining what happened and tht you bought him back and a fellow neighbour made a verbal complaint to you about his behaviour.

It's such a shame, I find one of the nicest elements of having a dog is getting to know other dog owners in the area. but its hard when you have a larger dog with no manners - Im learning tht at the mo haha!

It sounds like you reacted so quickly and prol saved him from a much worse fate - It could of ended so badly.

Well done you :)

3. Miss.PuddyCat

No one was home at the time, no car in the drive and with the front door open Im sure they would have heard him barking like a nut up and down the street.

I love big dogs, so hes not an issue with me, hes such a nice guy. Just barks at everyone and every dog.

I was just putting my garbage out when their one daughter came home, so I informed her what had happened and that he was back in the house.

She asked if he srsly injuried anyone, I said I had no idea the lady that complained was no were around and I wasnt gonna send a young kid to deal with a verbally upset adult. So I told her to inform her parents.

4. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

It sounds like you done as much as you could. That is worrying that he can open the door himself! what a cheeky devil :D

Your a good neighbour, hope one day if I ever need a neighbour like that for any reason mine were as helpful as you :)

5. Miss.PuddyCat

Yeh Im wondering if they forgot to lock it.

Thank you, Id hope someone would return the kindest to me.

Parents are home and I went out but havent heard anything from them.

6. KalokiMallow

KalokiMallow PetForums Member

That's brilliant that you got him back inside, well done! You sound like a fantastic neighbour :)

7. Miss.PuddyCat

Ive seen Oda twice since it happened.

He was being ushered into the car or the house.

Ive gotten no thanks or anything which leads me to believe the daughter never told them or they just dont say thanks.

There still pretty hush hush, I dont think Ill be saying Hi anymore.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice