Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Stupid Stupid People :@

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Cassies-mum, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

i walk cassie in the woods
    so yestersay i had cassie ON LEAD until we got to our safe little place(i know some people have nasty dogs so i keep her on lead till we get to our bit where no1 else seems to go), and another person walked past with a rather overweight cav, who came running over to cassie and started nipping at cassies legs and ears :cursing:

cassie was growling so i got both dogs collars and held them apart, for roughly 2 mins before someone came down the path calling the little dog, they saw me witth their dogs collar (Keeping it safe from cassie who was biger and stronger and if she decided to defend herself could have seriosly hurt their dog) they started shouting at me :cursing:

"get your hands off my dog!! :cursing: "

i tried to explain but they said to me half way through me explaining "well u should keep ur dog under control" and they walked off :confused: :eek:ut:

i was thinking well wtf but carried on with our walk - im not letting some ignorant person ruin cassies walk

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Idiots :rolleyes:

3. Cassies-mum

having said that their dog was a puppy (didnt look adult at least) and probably hadnt been taught not to nip etc...

but stilll they could have had it on extendable lead:confused:

4. Colsy

Colsy Banned

There's alot of this sort about.

5. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

your not alone, we have had the same issues as have friends of ours.

these morons seem to be in a world of their own - and a good world it is not!

6. Cassies-mum

i understand that they may have assumed the worst when a strange person was holding their dog, but they should have let me explain :cursing:

but i could have been anyone, i could have been a less honest person so they should keep their dog in sight!!

the part that annoyed me most was that they said i should control MY dog?!

she was under control on lead!!! i understand that maybe i could have controled her better and stopped the growling, but i couldnt - i panicked (sorry about my spelling!)

7. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

so true!! i would never let my dog run too far ahead of me.

my neighbour had some trouble with someone trying to take her labrador a while back at the park. apparently this guy was seen numerous times trying to take dogs away. though i dont think her dog was actually out of her sight, the guy just went up to the dog and took hold of her collar and started walking off and when my neighbour said to him to let go of her dog he was like "but this is my dog"!! so if there are people out there brazen enough to take a dog whilst the owner is there, there is defo ones lurking for the ones with no owner in sight!

8. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Asif your going to just stand holding their dog apart from yours if you were going to steal it. Some people :rolleyes: At the park we go to 99% of people have control of their dogs on or off lead so there's never been any problems.

9. Cassies-mum

but it looks like ive got to find ANOTHER place to walk cassie :cursing:

10. stellab

stellab PetForums Junior

Surely they saw that you were only preventing your dog/ their dog from getting hurt :confused:

I would never shout at anyone that held stella back because if I have let her off the lead then I am responsible for her and if she makes a nuisance of herself then I would like to think that someone would hold her till i caught up with her :eek:

I would also still walk cassie where she is used to

11. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

Some people have no control over their dogs.

Mine never run off. They always stay in sight

12. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

dont change where you are taking her. you've done no wrong.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice