Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Stupid question?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by NicoleW, Mar 24, 2011.

1. NicoleW

NicoleW PetForums VIP

Duke is looking more fatter by the day, I have cut his meals down and I think alot of it is his fur. I brush him every day with a cat brush (I know!) a rubber hand brush thing and another type of dog brush.

Can I use a hairdryer (on cool setting) on him while I'm brushing him to help get all this fur out. I can see it from a mile off all his dead hair especially around his neck, and as the weather is hotting up I really want to help him cool down

2. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

I can't see a problem with it, he might not like the noise of course though :p

Rupert is blowing his coat at the minute, after I've brushed him he goes and has a roll then gets up and shakes and hair goes POOF and flies off him when he shakes so luckily he gets lots of it out himself!

Think it makes them itchy lots of loose hair.

3. SixStar

SixStar Banned

You can yes, but I doubt it'd be powerful enough to get much hair out. What you really need is a blaster dryer, they blast all the dead hair out from the undercoat- you get four times as much hair out during 5 mins of blasting, than you could ever hope to get out in an hours brushing! My house would sink under a sea of thick, black Bernese hair if it wasn't for mine!

You can pick them up under £100 second hand.

4. NicoleW

NicoleW PetForums VIP

Oh thanks for that, will get one when I get some work :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice