Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

stupid parents...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by WhiteKatLuva, Jan 2, 2010.

1. WhiteKatLuva

WhiteKatLuva PetForums Member

I went on this cool as site but they banned it from me. How can i get it back??

2. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

What sort of site was it?

3. waterlilyold

waterlilyold Banned

There is obviously a good reason why they won't let you on it. I know you can't see it but trust them ok they love you, and want to protect you. There are a lot of dodgy sites that try to lure kids in. I don't let my son on some sites either. :)

4. WhiteKatLuva

its called Wolfhome and its a chat site

5. WhiteKatLuva

And i know lily, but sometimes it gets on me nerve

6. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

As waterlilly said, Your Mum and Dad are only looking out for you. You do have to be carefull on chat site's:)

7. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

I know you might find it annoying, but they're only doing it because they love you. I don't let my children go on many chat rooms, or MSN or Facebook - they think I'm really mean, but I really fear for them. When they are older I will let them. Btw my daughter is older than you. :)

8. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

To be honest I'm not really surprised, a general chat room isn't an ideal place for a ten year-old (no offence intended ;)). You need to be able to hold your own ground and be able to react to offensive language on such websites, also your parents may be concerned from a safety point of view, hence the ban.

9. D-Nova

D-Nova PetForums Member

You also have to think about this: If you are a parent and you have heard all kinds of horror stories about children being cyber - bullied, harassed and abducted, because of what started out as a freindly chat, you would want to protect your children, and you would be a little worried about them going on a general chat site.

10. danielled

danielled Guest

There is a good reason why they won't let you on it. They are just trying to protect you.

11. CheatingRabbit

CheatingRabbit PetForums Member

That depends on how they have blocked it.
    Also, your parents have decided that they don't want you to visit this site; if one of my children managed to visit a site that I had decided to block I'd be annoyed and ban them completely from computer access for a long long time (I'd also be quite pleased that they were technically aware enough to work out how to circumvent a block)

If I were you, I'd try and find out quite what they object to. However, with chat-rooms, I think that it will be that they are seen by many parents as a very high risk area of the internet. They have the reputation of being stalking grounds... Anyone can make an online-persona and present themselves as someone attractive and basically lie (I bet there are a few people on here who are very different in their on-line and real lives) in order to cause harm.

There are a number of young people who regularily post here and I reckon it is public enough that too many people are "watching" for any real harm to come to them. Just be aware of private messaging (not saying don't use it, but be a bit wary) and follow the usual internet saftey rules. (don't meet anyone - at least without adult backup etc)

In short, I think you should accept what your parents' have decided and move on... When you are grown up, you can have your own computer and internet connection and do what you want with it...

CR

12. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

I agree with cheating rabbit. If my son (aged 11) managed to unblock a site I had banned him from he would lose the use of internet for a very long time and possibly lose some other luxuries too depending on if I had spoken to him about why I had banned the site etc and he still unlocked it.

My son is 11 and only allowed on childrens sites under the supervision of myself and has v limited acess as you just cant trust who is who and he is far too young to be out there in cyber space alone.

13. waterlilyold

waterlilyold Banned

:D :D :D :D

14. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

Right on! :D

Personally, I stay away from websites such as MSN, Facebook and Bebo, I don't want to divulge every part of my private life and blurt it out over cyberspace.

15. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Be guided by your parents, there only thinking of you.

Parents always have a good reason for what they are doing even if you don't understand why.

16. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

She hasnt been back on since early morning, so dont think she wants to hear her parents are right,:rolleyes:

17. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

nobody ever wants to hear that!! i`m 25 and still won`t admit when they`re right :p

18. CheatingRabbit

CheatingRabbit PetForums Member

or possibly she is in bed asleep - baring in mind it is the middle of the night in New Zealand...

19. haeveymolly

No i constantly battle with my two, 19 and 22 but then nobody likes the "i told you so" :D

Its just a worry at her age she is so young and i noticed she joined at 5 this morning which tells me she did it before parents were up.:rolleyes:

20. haeveymolly

Oh ye didnt notice where she was from.:huh:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice