Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Stupid naughty dogs!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jul 6, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I just took my pair for a swim, with next door bringing Bullseye.
    They all love the water and were quite happily splashing about in the shallow water, running along the mud.

until Bullseye decided he wanted to go swim across to the other side! :eek:
    The current was a bit stronger in the middle so we called them back out but Bullseye just kept swimming further downstream! Dave ran back to him because he wanted to help and the pair of them just kept swimming further out!

My throat hurts from yelling at them and my foot hurts because we had to run halfway along this field full of cows to get near the dogs and I twisted my ankle!

We had left the leads at the bench as we didn't bother running back for them, so when we got back to the bit of fence to climb round, Bullseye went back in! :mad: so we had to run back half the way we just came!
    Bullseye kept swimming to the edge then jumping back in! Grr.

Eventually caught them and I held onto them while fraser ran for the leads and then we got chased by cows! :(

No more swimming!

x

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I bet that was scary.

Mine are too girly to have a swim.

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I was thnking I was going to have to run back and get my oh to drive me right along the road then jump in and catch them!
    Glad I didn't have to!

x

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Is the water very deep?

Make sure you dont put your own life at risk. Look at those parents who orphaned their baby because their dogs jumped in a fast flowing river.

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

No it's not too deep, I could have stood up in the middle. At the end of the road there is a life ring on rope though so I would have just grabbed that.
    Thank god I didn't have to.
    Definately going to tie them to a washing line next time! I think it's time to train them to come out the water as soon as they're called!

x

6. rona

rona Guest

What breed is Bullseye?
    We had loads of trouble with our Chessie and water, almost exactly the same, but they are bred as water dogs anyway

7. Opheliac

Opheliac PetForums Member

:eek: glad you managed to get him back in the end.

8. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

I had a similar incident with my springer Chester
    I threw his ball into the river and it went behind some reeds. Chester went to the other side and started running into a wooded area, i was screaming his name (which is useless cos he is deaf! :rolleyes:) When he finally did look at me i pointed to my feet (which in his sign language means come here) and he went off again! Luckily he spotted the ball and came back, but i was so scared!

Glad you got 'em back hun :D x

9. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

He is Dave's brother :)

We are buying 2 washing lines from super save tomorrow so next time we will attach them so they don't get too far away and we can teach then to comeback safely :)

x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice