Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Stung THREE times!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nonnie, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I took the dog to the vets this morning, and waited outside as Oz decided that he was going to try to whine, howl and scream all at the same time.

A wasp went down the neck of my t-shirt and in the process of panicing and getting the little bugger out, it stung me 3 times. That was a good 2 hours ago, but im feeling a bit tight chested now. I cant breathe well at the best of time.

Btw, it stung me just below my throat and just above my boobs.

2. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

hmmm if your not feeling so good maybe you should give the doc a call. you might be having an allergic reaction. have you been stung before?

3. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Oh dear, i have been reading on the news this morning about all the wasps and that we have had alot more this year, i had a similar thing happen to me whilst on holiday in Zante a few years ago, i was on the back of a motorbike at the time, and the wasp went down my top and was stinging me i yelled at my hubby to stop jumped off the bike right into a busy road and ripped my top off, god knows what the other motorist must have though.

Hope you feel a bit better soon xxx

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Loads of times. But i know you can develop an allergy at any time.

Ive tried NHS direct, bloody swine flu means you cant get to talk to anyone.

5. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

Right going to sound like your Mum now!:rolleyes:. Look after yourself as well as you do your dog's. Get on the phone to your gp or go to a/e:rolleyes:. rant over home your ok;)

6. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

typical. :eek:ut::eek:ut:

7. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Christine, will you please adopt me?

My mother told me to shut up and stop whining :(

Well, she phrased it differently, but i cant use the words she said on here :D

8. Badger's Mum

:eek::eek: I'm the same as your mum with my lot. My son broke his big toe and i said probly what your mum did:blushing: Finally took him to the dr's he was ab's for aweek:eek::blush2:

9. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Maybe my auntie then. Aunties tend to be more sympathetic :D

10. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

How are you feeling now? xxx

11. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I had feel my heartbeat pulsing through my neck, and a bit tight chested, but i think i'll make it.

I just wanted a rant and some sympathy :eek:

12. Badger's Mum

:eek: yep i'm nice to them:D. hope you feel abit better

13. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

Ouch! Not nice. I hope you're feeling better now!

Stressing over having a tight chest is probably what is giving you a tight chest if you know what I mean.

If you had had a reaction to the wasps sting you would have known about it within minutes of being stung.

I was stung 7 times by a wasp that flew up my t-shirt. It stung me five times under the arm and then once we got it out of my t-shirt , twice on the ankle. We had to smash it with a shovel before it would stop.

14. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

i've never been stung (touch wood) and the thought terrifies me!!! i hate wasps with a passion.

my mum and dad got attacked by bees when they were on holiday in the caravan a few months back. my mum could feel something i her hair and got my dad to check and there were loads of bees in her hair! and then he looked down and they were all over his clothes and my mums!! they pure ran so fast to get away and were swatting them off but they got stung loads. bailey was with them at the time, but the bees didnt go near him and he just wondered why my parents were acting like loony toons!!!

15. rona

rona Guest

Oh I didn't realised you wanted sympathy :D My pm wasn't any good them:laugh::laugh:

16. stellab

stellab PetForums Junior

If you are feeling wheezy and out of breath then I think you should go to A+E as it can cause amphyllicitc (sp) shock.

My son got stung a few years back when he disturbed a nest and luckily he was ok. I took him to hospital and they told me just to bathe the stings with vinegar.

Hope you are ok:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice