Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Stuffed

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cazza1974, May 9, 2010.

1. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

Me and my brother have just been discussing when our gorgeous fur babies pass over to the Rainbow bridge and whether we would get them stuffed or not.
    I personally wouldn't and neither would my brother as it wouldn't be the same as their personalities are not there.
    Would anyone else do this or not?

2. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

i wouldn't personally

3. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

God no, I want to remember them for what they were.

Besides, imagine having a stuffed Luna about the place :lol:

4. Lucylewis0

Lucylewis0 PetForums VIP

No I wouldn't, but I would keep their ashes.

My dear old nan wanted her beloved yorkie (flops) stuffed when she died but it would of cost over £1500 :eek:

5. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

I considered it in the past but it'd be too painful seeing them like that. I'd rather have them cremated and a nice statue to keep the ashes in.....that being said I like to think of my pets as immortal :p :lol:

6. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

when I was a kid I had a budgie and I always said when he died I would have him stuffed so that I could still cuddle him. He passed away while I was on holiday with my parents so my uncle burried him... saying that I doubt my parents would have let me have him stuffed... they said it was a bit weird lol.
    (Ive still to this day kept some of his feathers though:))

7. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

No I wouldnt, I want to remember then how they were. What if the stuffer man did a rotten job and they didnt look like they were when they were alive, I would be devastated.

8. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

i wouldnt have any of mine stuffed

9. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

Me neither, I'd find it a bit weird:eek:ut:
    :lol:

10. debijw

debijw PetForums VIP

11. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

No way!!!! can just see it now all my passed dogs stuffed sitting in the lounge...... errrr wouldnt be anywhere for furniture:eek:
    Saying that all of mine have been cremated apart from one.

12. lucysnewmum

lucysnewmum PetForums Senior

i used to live near a lady who had her border collie stuffed. it was the weirdest thing seeing a dog that i knew had died sitting in his favourite place looking out of the patio window. the taxidermist did a remarkable job. he worked from several photos of the dog to get the pose right but it was still weird to witness. it gave the lady comfort though and she had owned him for 15 years so i guess its down to the individual. personally, i prefer cremation. my boys ashes are in a lovely pot in the garden which is filled with his favourite flowers that he used to sniff at!:thumbup:

13. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

No! bad enough now Max sitting and staring at me! :D let alone having him stuffed and doing it lol :p .. At least he'd do it without the whinging I suppose :D :p

There's a Taxidermy shop near me! gives me the collywobbles seeing all those stuffed things in the window

14. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

I can say the same for my fat tabby cat! She has an evil stare so imagine how she will look stuffed:eek:

lol, collywobbles, never heard that phrase before:confused1:...:laugh:

15. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

No I wouldn't. Other than Dinky all mine have been cremated and their ashes scattered on a field at a pet cemetry. I couldn't even face having William's ashes in the house. William took enough room up in the house when he was alive and could tuck his legs in a curl up a small as possible god help us if he was stuffed and you couldn't curl him up in a ball.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice