Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

stud

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by suchadra, Feb 4, 2008.

1. suchadra

suchadra PetForums Junior

i have a selkirk rex stud who is still only 9 or 10 months old. my problem is that he just doesnt seem interested in doing the deed. i have a few girls who are old hands at this but even them shouting at him and curling round him wont work. can anyone suggest anything or do i just leave them to their own devices. what i mean is will he ever get the idea or can i do something?

2. may

may PetForums VIP

He will get there in the end, some boys are a little slower than other boys:(
    I have a friend with a boy who is slow I will ask if she gave him anything

3. suchadra

suchadra PetForums Junior

thanks may.
    bless him the girls keep rubbing it in his face so to speak. lol.
    will just have to wait and see if he gets the idea soon

4. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

Try him with a teddy-know it sounds a bit mad but he may use it for private practice and it'll help get his confidence going, coz he may be a little intimidated by all the girls, though they couldn't make it any easier for him:)Once his confidence has upped a little thats it-no girl will be safe:rolleyes::D

5. Desertstorm

Desertstorm PetForums Member

My himmalayian stud was like that and then at about one year of age (last summer it hit him) He started fathering kittens and spraying all at the same time. I hate the spraying part and make him wear stud pants when he is out and about in the house. It is funny when they first start to mate.....it takes them for ever and the females get so mad.....*grin* My cousin has had males that never did breed....so hope that does not happen with yours. Chances are, he will get the drift eventually....and then look out...I have a litter upstairs and two on the way.

6. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

A litter upstairs and 2 on the way-oh-how exciting:)Know it's a lot of work,but it is a labor of love,hope all goes well for you and the mums to be:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice