UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to take the girls to the woods/playing field at 2 PM

We had a great time in the woods, and went onto the playing fields. There were a group of people with dogs, so I put Clover on the lead, as I always do with dogs I don't know. Daisy was more interested in a ball she had found.

Anyhow this springer came running up to Clover, I told Clover to sit, and treated her, but the dog just kept coming up to Clover. So she started barking.

The woman in the group of people, who as been stood talking, turned round and said "oh we don't want your sorts on here" looking at Clover.

Yes Clover had been barking, cos the springer wasn't leaving her be. stuck up moo :(

·
Super Moderator
29,629 Posts
Wow, snooty old mare:eek: me, I'd probably say something caustic as I have a real issue with stuck up people:D

Don't let her put you off walking there, you have as much right to be there as she has & maybe if there's a next time politely tell her to control her dog:)

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, snooty old mare:eek: me, I'd probably say something caustic as I have a real issue with stuck up people:D

Don't let her put you off walking there, you have as much right to be there as she has & maybe if there's a next time politely tell her to control her dog:)
I did just that. I decided to walk round the field again. ;)

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've learnt Clover will bark at dogs if they come over her threshold of feeling safe.

I try and keep a safe distance from other dogs if I can, but if they come running up to her, what can I do? :(

·
Super Moderator
29,629 Posts

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll bring Clovers uncle Arni over, they definitely wont want his sort there ;)

Is Clovers threshold getting smaller?
I was actually going to phone you to see if we could meet up again please. Her threshold really depends on how far the dog is a way, but also if it's a big dog or not. And also what kind of day she is having

·
Banned
9,695 Posts
I was actually going to phone you to see if we could meet up again please. Her threshold really depends on how far the dog is a way, but also if it's a big dog or not. And also what kind of day she is having
I'm busy next week but if you want to give me a call some time over next weekend we will arrange something

·
Registered
602 Posts
Shame we all don't live near you, we could all take our dogs and see what she says then..:incazzato: :laugh:

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
If you click on user control panel and go to bottom of page it tells you who's repped you and how many points you have. :)

·
Banned
8,756 Posts
Good for you, glad you walked round again :D

Ooh ill bring Max and Mouse, bet she wont even come near to tell us she doesnt want their sorts. Actually i think ill be enough to scare her and keep her away, never mind the dogs ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had similar ,last xmas took max to 100 acres wood we got strange stares from the country types ,range rover pedigree gun dogs barber coats designer boots ( getting the picture ) And we turn up with a staffy x boxer chasing his ball all growl and no grunt , couple of the children loved playing with him but to the shock of seeing tarquin and henrietta playing with such a thing .
OH i do like to steriotype people dont i ,

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.