UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met my mum at hers and me my sister and her bf then went to hers, stopping on the way to order my prescription.
At my sisters, my brother arrived a while later. Me and my brother decided to go to the chippy, we know the people who run it, they are retiring very soon.

So as my sister lives on the 9th floor, we got into the lift.
We pressed the button, the door closed - and then the lights on the numbers went out and the lights sating what floor we were on went out too.

There was still one light on, the one on the roof of the lift.
We tried pressing the buttons again, nothing, again, still nothing.
My brother pressed the alarm button, nothing, pressed it again, still no answer. Finally the third time, the security answered it.
My brother explained we were stuck in the lift. The guard said they would send somebody out.

About an hour later, somebody came to the outside of the door and said they would get us out.
They tried to force open the door (which we had already tried to do without success, maybe we shouldn't have but I was panicking), but they couldn't, then I heard them say they will have to switch the power off. :eek: They went up to the top where the controls are, did something, while the other guys stayed where we were. Finally they got us out. And...............we missed the chippy. Glad to be out though.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
omg i'd have freaked out completely, i hate lifts. im glad you all got out and unhurt. to leave you there an hour though before anyone arrived is disgraceful xx

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
omg i'd have freaked out completely, i hate lifts. im glad you all got out and unhurt. to leave you there an hour though before anyone arrived is disgraceful xx
They had to phone the engineers.
They didn't keep us informed though and as the council has said they would come for things before that they haven't, was worried they weren't coming. Was going to phone the fire brigade at one point but my brother persuaded me not to.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
glad you got out ok.. reminds me of a time when I worked in an office block a guy got stuck in one of the lifts... he was the only one in the building at the time so he called the fire brigade.. anyway they arrived and as he was stuck near the top floor they got into one of the other lifts to make their way up to him.. and yep you guessed it that lift also got stuck! So this guy was in one lift and the fireman were all stuck in the other.. hilarous!!:D
They all got out safely though:)

·
Registered
9,685 Posts
Met my mum at hers and me my sister and her bf then went to hers, stopping on the way to order my prescription.
At my sisters, my brother arrived a while later. Me and my brother decided to go to the chippy, we know the people who run it, they are retiring very soon.

So as my sister lives on the 9th floor, we got into the lift.
We pressed the button, the door closed - and then the lights on the numbers went out and the lights sating what floor we were on went out too.

There was still one light on, the one on the roof of the lift.
We tried pressing the buttons again, nothing, again, still nothing.
My brother pressed the alarm button, nothing, pressed it again, still no answer. Finally the third time, the security answered it.
My brother explained we were stuck in the lift. The guard said they would send somebody out.

About an hour later, somebody came to the outside of the door and said they would get us out.
They tried to force open the door (which we had already tried to do without success, maybe we shouldn't have but I was panicking), but they couldn't, then I heard them say they will have to switch the power off. :eek: They went up to the top where the controls are, did something, while the other guys stayed where we were. Finally they got us out. And...............we missed the chippy. Glad to be out though.
You want a lift story?...try this one.

Some years ago I went back to a pals flat with his missus for a late night drink.His flat was on the fourteenth floor of a wonderful 1960s heap of high rise rubbish.
There were two side by side lifts and we took the left one. We were joined in the trip to the first seven floors by a young woman around 19 years old...The usual chit chat..."Have you had a good night?" etc.

She got out on seven and we continued upwards...around twelve the lift decided to come to a sudden halt.After much button jabbing we pressed the emergency button and could hear the alarm down on the ground floor.

We heard some people coming in from the local pub and a clear voice saying..."That bloody lift alarm is going off again...Goodnight!"
"Woooah!" we shouted..."it's not a false alarm...we're stuck in this bloody thing!"

We had gained their attention and heard one say "Call the caretaker!"
So we settled down for a wait...some three quarters of an hour later we heard a voice from above...it was the caretaker cursing,because this was happening nearly every day.
He climbed onto the top of the adjoining lift and jumping across shook the cables of the lift we were in (twelve floors up :eek:)...Nearly gave us heart attacks!
This eventually jogged the lift into action and it shot upwards a couple of floors and the doors opened.

We piled out and were immediately surrounded by cops...we weren't expecting such emergency services attention and were not particularly amused when they started interrogating us.

It turned out that the girl that had been with us earlier had gone into her flat where her drunken boyfriend decided to give her a good hiding for whatever reason...so she had picked up a kitchen knife and stabbed him through the heart...we finished our escapade in the middle of a murder enquiry.

All in all a helluva night!

PS...On top of all this my mates girlfriend was bursting for a pee, and had the embarrassment of having to relieve herself in the lift while I gazed at the ceiling wishing I was somewhere else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.