Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Stubborness thy name is Kenzie

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by McKenzie, Jan 16, 2012.

1. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Those of you with terrorists of your own will know just how stubborn they can be when they want to!

I had to leave early this morning, so my mum took Kenzie on her morning walk down to the beach. Unfortunately Kenzie decided she didn't want to go walking without me! Mum got her a little way down the beach, but then Kenzie started digging her heels in and refusing to move. At one point she actually lay down in the middle of the footpath! Apparently it amused several people walking past :eek: Mum got her to go a little further, then decided to turn around and head back - cue Kenzie striding it out in front of mum to get back to the car ASAP! :lol:

What's your stubborn dog story? :D

2. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

That is Kilo's favourite stunt to pull - don't want to go in a certain direction? Plant your backside on the floor :rolleyes:.

3. LottieLab

LottieLab PetForums Senior

When my grandma's neigyhbour's dog was a puppy, he was used to being carried everywhere. When we tried to walk him on the leash, he wouldn' budge. We didn't even notice so we were dragging alongg on his bottom!

4. Lil Doglets

Lil Doglets PetForums VIP

Tammy's 'stubborn dog story' is just the same as her life story :lol: :D
    Yesterdays walk she decided she wanted to stop and sniff literally everything on the way to the park and refused to move if i didn't let her sniff something :rolleyes: so it took me about 15 mins to get there instead of 5!

5. Kivasmum

Kivasmum PetForums VIP

That sounds like Kiva's morning walk, every day! :rolleyes:
    I swear she has scent hound in her somewhere :D

Kiva is stubborn when it comes to other dogs, she will say hi wether I like it or not! She will lie on the floor until said dog comes for a sniff, and won't budge until they have! :eek:

6. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Heidi has a regular thing. Makes sure she's got the ball. Somehow possession of the ball gives the upperhand:confused::confused: Then decides which route we take and marches off across the field. Stopping and looking to make sure I'm following. I carry on regasrdless and she soon catches up, but keeps trying:rolleyes::D

On the way home, she's in front with the ball giving me "evils" to "keep up" If I hide, she comes running back to me with a "for goodness sake hurry up" look. Never mind it took me half an hour to walk this bit on the way, while she sniffed every scent going:incazzato:

There was a time she would have come running back panic stricken that she's lost her Mummy:rolleyes5: Those were the days:D:D

Bless them they are sweet tho and I love all the antics.:001_wub::D

7. 8tansox

8tansox PetForums VIP

If Floyd (my terrorist,) doesn't think we've thrown the ball enough, or far enough, then he runs to the other end of the field and lies down with the ball between his front two feet refusing point blank to return, even for fresh liver cake! :rolleyes::rolleyes: The Rotties would NEVER be that disobedient! :D

8. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

Tummel won't walk in mud...ever :p

He won't walk through a puddle(has to go round)

He won't play fetch unless he starts it and even then it's iffy

He won't swim

He constantly tries to decide our route then gives me evils when i go another way.

I think thats enough for now....oh he insists on saying hello to the horses when they're up beside the path, won't move until i let him(to be fair the horses do stalk us as far as they can until Tummel says hello too).

9. missnaomi

missnaomi PetForums VIP

Ringo runs really far away before you throw the ball, then turns around and waits for it, as if he's saying "this is where I want it". Sadly he overestimates my abilities - I'm not that good at throwing...

Naomi

10. missnaomi

missnaomi PetForums VIP

Ringo doesn't like getting up. He pulls the blanket in his bed over himself and pretends to be asleep if he thinks it's too early.
    Naomi

11. BlueBeagle

BlueBeagle PetForums VIP

Jenny refuses to eat liver :(

This meant for 5 days she refused all food until I gave in... 5 days being the longest people say a dog should go without food. It doesn't matter how it is prepared she just refuses to eat it. So tomorrow we try liver cake and I just hope that works :eek:

12. sianrees1979

sianrees1979 PetForums VIP

dai strikes alot, i have a coupler lead so dinky loves walking so was hoping she'd be a good influence on dai, nope he now lays down when he doesn't want to walk which can be embarasing, he also doesn't go out in the wet or cold but loves the snow :confused:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice