Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

struggling to mate

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by james carpmail, Jul 16, 2020.

1. james carpmail

james carpmail PetForums Newbie

Hey there just wondering if i can get some advice as its abit of an odd one and dont know if anyones had a similar issue.

So both my female frenchies mia and daisy came into season about 13 days ago (have done health tests prior to this) and on their bloods it showed they was ready to mate. now the issue i have is this, My male blue is only mounting one of them but he cant seem to tie. hes mounting and getting it in but hes unable to tie whatsoever (female has been mated before and is standing for him) im not quite sure whats going on hes ejaculation and swelling but doesnt appear to be staying in place (bulb) the same issue is happening with my other female aswell however hes only shown intrest in her once and has completly stopped trying with her which is strange as she is also standing when getting sniffed up and licked.but again he cant seem to keep it in after bulb has formed.

Its a strange one as he is proven (currently standing on 14 litters) so i know hes not in experienced just curious if anyone was to know what could potentially be happening . i know there is a slim chance the dogs could still get pregnant but i dont think they will. just seeing if anyone has any advice so when the next heat comes in i know what to do to avoid this situation.

thanks

2. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

I would use a different stud next time. On what day of their seasons are your bitches?

Are you sure you want two litters at once? Frenchies often have large litters and can need help with rearing. It would be a tall order.

Sarah H likes this.
  3. james carpmail

yeah ive had them before just took a break from breeding due to some personal stuff. they are basically same day give or take a day. they are pretty much synced up.ive used 1 before with my boy (i own all 3) and never had any issues just seemed abit odd as im not left worrying if theres an underlying health issue he may be having. if nothing comes to fruitastion will be taking my boy to vets for a check up.both girl are now day13/14 and bloods said to mate today and saturday. however one gave him a go earlier and she waited for him to get there (bless her)but hed get it in swell up but pull out before bulb was big enough

4. james carpmail

they are pets aswell so they all have access to eachother and always in eye sight i should be clear

5. james carpmail

as ive also said before ive studded him out to some people i know aswell and theyve all tied well and had beautiful litters. just abit of an odd cituation this is

6. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

It is a little odd. Normally, an experienced stud would achieve a tie.

How old is he?

Do you show your Frenchies?

7. james carpmail

No we dont show at present. however we will be showing the next edition we are looking at getting. stud blue is 6 years old and last time we had a check up he was in perfect health (jan 2020) so its abit of a strange one especially when it comes to 2 in heat bitches as 1 i would understand but 2 is abit of a strange situation

8. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Is your stud’s name Blue? Is he blue in color?

adamantis likes this.
  9. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

So no proper pre-breeding TESTS?

10. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

In the first post:

11. james carpmail

12. james carpmail

and both blue in colour and his names always been blue son liked the name from blues clues and just stuck

13. james carpmail

maybe learn to read a comment first before filling a feed with nonsense. your supposed to be a VIP act like one

14. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

This is rude and unacceptable.
    If all your breedng dogs are indeed blue you are taking risks with the health of their puppies breeding them, blue is an undesirable colour to the Kennel Club due to the health risks involved.
    http://www.frenchbulldogclubofengland.org.uk/buyer-beware.html

#14 SusieRainbow, Jul 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    LinznMilly, Sarah H, lorilu and 5 others like this.
  15. Calvine

Calvine PetForums VIP

It really is - OP obviously never makes a mistake, I imagine?

#15 Calvine, Jul 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  16. Pricivius

Pricivius PetForums Member

Sorry, but reading back you state that your bitches are both health tested, but I cannot see where you confirm that your stud dog is also health tested. I think this was what was being asked?

17. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

You also state that you will be showing the pup you keep. Please check the breed standard as I'm sure blue is not an except able colour in frenchies so you can only register the pups as colour not recognised. As far as I know without checking the allowed colours are fawn brindle and pied which is white with either brindle or fawn patches.

18. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

19. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

You don't say the stud has been tested, just the bitches. Maybe learn to remember what you've written?
    And with mating 2 bitches in the same time period, and seeing how many other time he's been used, I'd want a VERY recent herpes test.

20. james carpmail

Yeah daisy is pied

Blue has been proper health vetted and could that potentially be a reason for the mis mating? Nothing was picked up in a blood test he had back in January or would this be something I'd have to specifically request

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice