Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Struggling to bend down to look after your dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Megan Butler, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Megan Butler

Megan Butler PetForums Newbie

Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone has problems bending down when looking after their dog and if so what issues they encounter as a result?

2. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

I do right now - I had abdominal surgery last week. Issues I’ve come across are things like bending down for food and water bowls, to put collars on, for grooming (especially since I can’t lift things either). However, my state is temporary and I’m sure if this was an ongoing issue there would be ways around these problems.

Magyarmum likes this.
  3. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

When on my mobility scooter I can't bend down to pick up poo, but I have a poo picker-upper with a long handle on it.
    The biggest issue I have is when my dog goes where I can't reach, thankfully rare but when it does happen I feel awful because I can't pick up. :oops:

4. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I tell my dogs to jump on a chair or the little wall outside the door to do odd things like giving medication. Or I kneel for quick things. Grooming is done on a kitchen counter.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice