Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Strictly line-up

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lostbear, Sep 10, 2013.

1. lostbear

lostbear Bear right at Newcastle . . .

I don't know how many of you watch Strictly', but I am addicted. However, I feel as though they are giving us a de-caffinated version!

The last couple of series were poorer (IMO) than the early ones, and when I say the line-up for this one I could have cried - loads of people I'd never even heard of, an octogenarian golfer, a dragon and Vanessa Feltz, for crying out loud.

I mean - VANESSA FELTZ?????!!!!!

I don't think I can stand much more of this.

Arlene - come back. Come back, Arlene . . . .

2. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

yar yar yar daarling your soo riiight, can't stand Darcy :nonod:

3. jon bda

jon bda Guest

Susanna Reid and Rachel Riley...i thang yoo!!!
    :lol:

4. Colliebarmy

Colliebarmy PetForums VIP

We have a Strictly Lineup

Whatever weve got recorded to watch instead...lol

Vera, New Tricks, etc, etc

But we also need an X-factor lineup too

5. la468

la468 Guest

When does it start? I love strictly, much better than x factor.

6. jon bda

jon bda Guest

[youtube_browser]E_22QKsLVvM[/youtube_browser]

:D

7. lostbear

First episode was on on Saturday, where we got introduced to the (ahem) "stars". I think they are now off for 3 weeks intensive training.

The one bright light on the horizon is that Anton has not been landed with the 'dead loss' female candidate - I've felt sorry for him, as he's never stood a chance of winning with the ladies they've paired him up with. He hasn't exactly got a hot favourite with Fiona Fullerton, but surely he has a better chance with her than with Vanessa Feltz (wash my brain out with strong soap) or 'dragon lady' Deborah Meaden.

There is also a hairy biker (don't know which one - he's got glasses) and Mark Benton, who I have to admit is one of my favourite comic actors, but I also have to admit is likely to be nowhere near the final three.

I waited all year for this, but the line-up is a let down - and I wish they'd retire Bruce Forsyth; he's an embarrassment.

8. dorrit

dorrit PetForums VIP

Ive heard this year is the last SCD.

TBH they should vote Brucie off first hes a dead weight now .. The 80 min show took hours to record because he constanly forgot his lines , cues etc

9. la468

la468 Guest

Damn knew I had missed it! Ah well it wasn't the actual dancing though so it's ok. Thanks for letting me know, I'll go have a look at the line up.

10. DoodlesRule

DoodlesRule PetForums VIP

I was out Saturday night so taped it. Settled down to watch it on Sunday ........... YAWN it was soo boring and plastic :( The judges seemed to prance around as though they are some mega stars, Vanessa Feltz gawd I really detest that women but thanks to her I am never late for work, soon as I hear her voice on the radio alarm I leap out of bed and turn it off.

And why do they keep most of the male dance pros but all the original ladies are gone now

I have the feeling its run its course now

Oh, Rod Steward was good though :)

11. emmaviolet

emmaviolet PetForums VIP

Agree with every word, I had to laugh about your alarm being Vanessa, no doubt that gets you out!! Can't bear her!
    I do like Julien Mcdonald and loved him on It takes two last year.

I think the line up is full of D listers, at best. I much prefer it when they have a few good athletes/sports people, as they usually pull it out of the bag. Colin, Denise, Mark and Austin etc.

God knows what Anton has on them all, he is a useless teacher, but comes back every year.

I do love Pasha and Artem though but will miss Vincent. Just hope there are some good dancers.

12. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

I love strictly but cannot stand Tess I love myself so much and have wonky boobs Daly, I also cannot stand Vanessa Feltz and think she will be out quite quickly or at least i hope she is, but I adore the Hairy Bikers and Dave is like an excitable spaniels so I hope he will be good watching :D

13. DoodlesRule

DoodlesRule PetForums VIP

Hadn't realised little Vincent has gone :( he is lovely! Flavia wasn't on either was she, mind you think she married the last celeb she danced with so probably doesn't want to take the chance of her copping off again lol

14. lostbear

Me neither - her emphasised local accent (Look at me I'm just really ordinary just like you plebs - Oh! except that I am rich and up my own bum hahaha), and I always think that with her money she could surely invest in a good foundation garment - I find her chest ridiculously distracting - if those boobs were her eyes she would have had corrective surgery by now.

Vanessa Feltz I absolutely detest. I don't know the hairy bikers, but the one who came out looked as though he was a lot of fun and generally good natured.

We have lost the best of the judges in Arlene, and even Craig has toned down his criticisms - pity, because he was cruel but honest, and if people in show biz can't take a bit of that, they're in the wrong job.

15. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Not a Strictly watcher myself but exactly the same happened with Dancing On Ice - the first 5-6 series were good but then they rapidly went downhill and were dragging in the ZZ-listers!!!

Once they started to recruit the American has-beens, it was all over for me!!!

Added to that, the adverts after EVERY skate was doing my head in, so I used to start recoding it and then sit down to watch it an hour and a half after it started. I could zoom through all the ads then and STILL finish up on schedule!

I really don't miss it at all now!!

16. emmaviolet

emmaviolet PetForums VIP

Yes I think they are touring their show, but should be back next year though.

She was on only to perform with Louis.

I'll miss their tango's though.:(

17. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

I used to love Strictly but I stopped watching it 2 or 3 years ago when it got to 'same -y' and boring for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice