Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Strictly is back

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Happy Paws2, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Tbh I’ve lost interest in the show and even used to watch on catch up to avoid all the nonsense between the dancing ;)

Happy Paws2 likes this.
  3. Happy Paws2

I wait for it come on then put it on hold, then go and get the tea, then start to watch it on delay so I slowly catch up with it so if I want to vote on-line I can.

LinznMilly and Lurcherlad like this.
  4. mrs phas

mrs phas karma is a funny old thing

So far the line up is totally boring and won't bring young people into the show, which they need, so I hope there is going to be someone whose an actual celebrity
    It almost feels like it's starting to be wound down
    But then that's 2020 for you I guess
    Some will tune in just to complain about the same sex couple, I do feel they've wimped out doing two girls, far easier to put a female in a tux than a bloke in a skirt, not that I'm suggesting they would, as it would trivialise the statement, but people are more accepting re two girls dancing, than two men, one only has to look at the outcry last year to see that.
    I find myself almost wishing, like so many other things, they'd scrapped this year, same as I do with iacgmooh.

Happy Paws2 likes this.
  5. Mrs Funkin

Mrs Funkin Human mother to Oscar

I do really like Clara Ampho...so far she's the only reason I'd watch - and I've always loved SCD.

6. Arny

Arny PetForums VIP

I wonder if they've been able to do two women this time as one Nicola Adams suggested it and two she has the strength to do lifts.
    I don't know what the capabilities are of a female dancer, obviously good core strength but maybe not upper body to be able to do the lifts that she probably can.
    Me too!
    Plus often people I'd not really heard of before turn out to be my favourites, off the top of my head Caroline Flack and Jay McGuiness.

7. Mrs Funkin

Mrs Funkin Human mother to Oscar

If they partner Nicola with Karen, blimey! Karen is a scarily strong woman...that could make for some interesting routines. I see they’ve gone for older lady (please don’t give her to Anton!), ex pop star (maybe Dianne), NFL dude (Nadiya, as she’s tall)...what I’d really like is a super-driven sports star who had rhythm to be partnered with Oti - that would be a hard working pair but given she won last year, she will probably get someone terrible. Actually I think Clara and Johannes could be fun!

I’m happy Gorka is back from his “punishment” year, also REALLY happy AJ isn’t and Kevin I’m not bothered about. I’d be gutted if Aljaz left, or Johannes (thought he was brilliant last year). As far as the female pro dancers go, there’s only really Janette and Oti that I really like now.

So that’s me :)

8. Happy Paws2

I hope they don't as well, but she the sort he nearly always gets landed with.

#8 Happy Paws2, Sep 3, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    Mrs Funkin likes this.
  9. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Looking forward to it
    Just watching lorraine now and an ex marine jj chalmers is on it. Been badly injured but likes a challenge. Good luck to him.

10. mrs phas

mrs phas karma is a funny old thing

Bill Bailey!?
    ok, we've found the next John Sargeant

11. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

Bill Bailey, that's my Saturday nights sorted for a few weeks!

kimthecat likes this.
  12. Jesthar

Jesthar PetForums VIP

Now, if they give HIM to Anton... ;)

jetsmum, kimthecat and mrs phas like this.
  13. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

Bill Bailey is a musician though so I assume he has rhythm. He might surprise.

Or he'll be an idiot all the way through it.

It's a toss up that one.

kimthecat likes this.
  14. Sairy

Sairy PetForums VIP

Ahh I like Caroline Quentin. Loved her in the Jonathan Creek series.

kimthecat likes this.
  15. Happy Paws2

Not impressed with this year class, only really know 3 of them, I'm not such about same sex pairing, I didn't like Dancing on Ice with the lads skating together it just didn't look right, so I'm watching the first one and that may be the last.

Bobbie likes this.
  16. HarlequinCat

HarlequinCat PetForums VIP

When does strictly start this year? I know its going to be shorter than other years

17. Happy Paws2

Just found this....

It's been reported that the show will miss its usual start date in September for a later premiere on Saturday 24th October and continue until 19th December, the weekend before Christmas.

HarlequinCat likes this.
  18. HarlequinCat

HarlequinCat PetForums VIP

Thank you. Did wonder if they would leave it until a bit later so it would end around Christmas

Happy Paws2 likes this.
  19. Sairy

Sairy PetForums VIP

Did anyone watch it tonight? I enjoyed it, but do find it sad how they had to keep explaining the covid precautions they were taking. I'm guessing it's to try and prevent complaints, but it almost felt like they were having to apologise for doing the show this year.

Happy Paws2 and tabelmabel like this.
  20. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Yes i watched with my daughter. They all seem to be pretty good dancers already apart from jacqui smith. Bill bailey can really move! I dont know that 19yr old from eastenders but she was really confident and looking like she will do well - and nicola adams was good too.

We were laughing though when nicola adams first came on and they showed her first meeting katia - did you notice she greeted everyone with her boxing fists!

Sairy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice