Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Stricken with anger, grief and sadness

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Marty349, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Marty349

Marty349 PetForums Newbie

Hello to all, I'm Marty , I found out 11 years ago that I will never have kids of my own (due to an incident whilst i was in the Army)
    I have a very placid wonderful Ginger Tom cat called Eric who has just turned 11 yrs old.
    My neighbour threatened to put carpet gripper on top of his 6ft fence a while ago but thankfully didn't!
    Just prior to Christmas a golf ball sized lump appeared on Eric's neck
    I took him to our trusted vets, I feared the worst (the big C) it wasn't thank god, however the vets diagnosis was that Eric had suffered a kick or something similar to the head/neck area and that had ruptured his jugular vien and crushed his larinx.
    He is still alive and making a slow recovery.
    Could be too slow if this latest injection doesn't work.
    Problem is (for me) I found out this week that it was my neighbour that booted Eric in the head because he was sat on his turned soil in his garden.
    Eric struggles to eat and breath properly, depending on what position he's in. There is now a real possibility that he may have to go to the vets for the very last time. It upsets me greatly even thinking that...
    How can anyone do that to any animal?
    Would a judge take pity on me if I rip the blokes neck out(I could do it too).
    Please, I could do with some advice
    Cheers

2. smokeybear

smokeybear PetForums VIP

There are not many goats here.............. ;)

3. Marty349

What do you mean by that?!

4. catlover0581

catlover0581 PetForums VIP

buy yourself a big pig...then kill the evil bastard and feed him to the pig - they'll eat bone, the lot. no one will ever know!!!

seriously though, that is so upsetting to hear! i truly hope everything works out :( i would report him for animal cruelty personally...

keep us posted buddy, we'll be thinking of you.

5. rose

rose PetForums VIP

How do you know your neighbour kicked him?

6. troublestrouble

troublestrouble PetForums Senior

you can start by sending your neighbour the vet bill so he knows he has seriously injured your cat, what a sod, i'd rip his head off tbh

7. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

Hi sorry to hear about your cat, if you have proof that someone did this to your cat i would report to RSPC with as much evidence as you can get,

8. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

People are evil, that's how. I do feel for you and I will never understand how anyone can hurt any creature, but there are a lot of them I'm afraid.

I do hope your fella recovers. You should certainly try reporting the incident to the police, though you will need proof that it was him.

Thank God they are all animal lovers in my road, even the kids.

9. PennyH

PennyH PetForums Senior

I am so sorry to hear this. Where I live, people are cruel to cats so we have 2 house cats. I wasn't sure to begin with, but they have never known anything else and are spoiled rotten (they have their own bedroom!!)
    We also have 4 dogs and a parakeet, so our house is like a mad house at times, but at least I know my cats are safe.

I really hope your poor cat is ok - vets are pretty good and hopefully they will get him better for you. If you have proof your neighbour did this, definitely report him. Don't take the law into your own hands as you will only get into trouble and then you wouldn't be around to look after your cat.

Best of luck.

10. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

When he recovers and is back home, it might be a good thing for you to cat proof your garden so he can't get out of it. I think you can do it quite cheaply. There is a whole thread on here about it, or you can look up catproofing on Google.

11. Marty349

His daft wife as near as danm it admitted it was him, but as Eric ran off they thought he was ok

12. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

I am so sorry to hear that. I used to live next door to an evil monster. he chucked things at buster. i'd report him.

scumbag!

13. Marty349

Thank you All for your kind words and advice, I would report him but for two reasons. I have no actual evidence (I.e CCTV) and to be honest I doubt even if I did have it wouldn't Di much good anyway.
    But it's no problem, I have something planned for him that will give me and Eric a lot satisfaction.
    By the time I've finished with him he won't be able to hurt any animal again!!!
    On a positive note, Eric is doing ok, ish.

He's showing more signs of being happy, and with it a bit, he honestly is like a kid to me. More than just a pet, more than just a cat.
    God bless you All
    Cheers
    Me & Eric

14. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

If you are thinking of grievous bodily harm, you really shouldn't post about it. You never know who could be reading. I am so glad Eric is feeling better.

15. delca1

delca1 PetForums VIP

Glad to hear Eric is doing ok, please be careful - you should report your neighbour, even with no evidence at least there'll be a record of your complaint if he does anything else.

16. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

If you decide to take matters into your own hands, you will be a criminal and he will be the victim....
    Report it to the authorities and let them deal with it.

17. catlover0581

catlover0581 PetForums VIP

whatever you chose to do, be subtle - not illegal! :)

18. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

awwww im so sorry to read about ya cat there are some verry nasty people out there i hope he on the mend soon i know you are mad at who ever hurt your cat but taking it in your own hands isnt the anwncer you gotta be there for your cat so maybe report them to the police or houseing people or something two wrong never make a right so do the smart thing go though the proper people hope your cat gets better and things settle down for you

19. raggie doll

raggie doll PetForums VIP

OMg i don't know what to say! I am so glad that Eric is doing better there have been a few miracle cats on pf that get through things like this oscar to name one.

I cannot tell you not to go after that piece of ******* **** because in your situation i wouldn't be able to restrain myself, all i can say is make sure after it is over you are still around to care for Eric

20. Grace_Lily

Grace_Lily PetForums VIP

OP, if I were you I would buy a dictaphone or a small covert camera and get a confession recorded, be it from the man himself or his wife. Ask around your neighbours too and see if there's anything they have seen or heard that can back up your case.

Once you have as much evidence as possible report this horrible man to the police and the RSPCA who will be able to investigate and hopefully prosecute him. You will also be able to claim the expenses back off him if he is convicted.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice