UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I've just got back from the vets after a taking Alfie for his yearly jabs and check up.
I did mention when I was there that he has had a couple of accidents in the house recently and the fact that he was 10 and has always been clean concerned me. After a good chat we think we have got the bottom of this...... Stress!
We have had 3 young cats move in next door! She seems to think that as cats are very territorial about their toilet patches, he has probably been frightened off or has been caught out when going and has run back home only to be shut in.
These cats sit on our shed roof and as soon as Alf steps outside his eyes dart that way first. Poor thing...
So my question is, does anyone have any advice on how I can keep these kitties out of my garden and more particularly off my shed roof? My vet suggested tin foil? Really?
Any suggestions or advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
if alfie doesnt use the shed - orange/lemon peel is suppsed to be good, holly leaves or branches (last ages)

have heard male human wee and lion dung work :eek6:....

and feliway indoors is good for stress - does he still have a litter tray inside? he may prefer that again if not :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for your replies....

Lion dung?? :eek6: and I'm not too sure hubby will get up on the shed roof :lol:

No he doesn't use a litter tray not since he was a kitten. He's always been so clean, even when he was little I washed his tray and left it in the garden to air dry he wee'd in a dustpan.... I really don't want to go down the litter tray route if I don't have too.

Will try tin foil... How much do I use? I can't imagine i'd have to cover the whole thing?!

I think I can rid the garden of these three naughty boys then he'll feel better.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I think it will be near impossible to deter the other three cats from your garden as they clearly see it as part of their territory. Bite the bullet and get a litter tray for indoors, he will be so much happier knowing he can toilet in safety.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.