Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Stressed dog

Discussion in 'Dog Tricks and Games' started by Inatizz, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Inatizz

Inatizz PetForums Newbie

Hi we have a 12 year old lab collie cross bitch. She is very well behaved and can be timid around strangers.
    We have just become grandparents and our dog is behaving oddly when the baby is I the house. As soon as he is in the house she starts pacing around and panting really heavily. She will not lie down and if anybody is walking around holding the baby she is shadowing them all the time. We have resorted to putting her out in the garden but she continues with the same behaviour out there as well.
    Does any one have any suggestions?

2. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

I take it she isn't used to babies or toddlers? At 12 yrs old personally I would find her a safe haven (maybe a spare bedroom) away from the baby.

My late twin sister used to put her collies on a comfy blanket in the back of her estate car when she knew the grandchildren would be visiting.

Burrowzig, Lurcherlad and smokeybear like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice