Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Stressed cat?

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Izzy95, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Izzy95

Izzy95 PetForums Member

He's normally quite a chilled cat, timid with people but quite happy with us and being at home. Over the past few years a big black cat has been coming into our garden. They don't get on, both being males and it being my cats garden they've had a few fights and my cat Pebbles is very small and tends to come off worse. The cat now comes right up to the cat flap and apparently has eaten my cats food in the past. Pebbles keeps watching out the window and glass doors and will do a spraying routine round the garden before sitting on a chair out the way and watching, he does this every night. He seems stressed, is there anything I can do? He's neutered and is the only cat that lives in the house

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Try and dissuade the cat from entering your garden if you can.

Consider cat proofing to make your garden secure for your cat.

chillminx likes this.
  3. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

It is imperative that you stop this cat from bullying pebbles in his own territory.
    Do you have a microchip cat flap so that the intruder cannot get in your house? I will admit that I have used a large 'super soaker' water gun to dissuade visiting cats in the past...the only hurt is to the pride of the interloper and after a couple of blasts they soon get the message and stop visiting.

chillminx likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice