Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

stressed cat

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Madcatwoman4, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Madcatwoman4

Madcatwoman4 PetForums Newbie

I have 4 cats, the oldest is female 16 years old and a tortoiseshell, I have also have a black and white male cat who is 6 years old ,a female tabby who is 4 years old and a white and black male who is 6 months old. All the cats have been neutered.
    We had the usual problems when we had the new kitten but the cats were relatively calm about each other. The tabby and the older male usually went to my husband to be stroked, although they still came to me when they wanted "mothering".
    My husband died in August quite suddenly, in the end, although he had COPD and had been ill for some time. Since that time the Tabby has become more and more hostile to all the other cats, especially the kitten and also to me. She will hiss and growl at me. At night she sleeps on the floor in my bedroom near the door and is quite happy for me to stroke her and make a fuss of her. Also if she is upstairs, curled up, during the day, she purrs when I stroke her. Downstairs it seems as if she hates me. I took her to the vets to make sure she wasn't ill and it took me and a neighbour to get her in the cat box.
    I've tried everything with her and don't know what to do next to make her happy again. She was always such a happy friendly cat. Anyone got any ideas.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice