Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Stress/Anger Management

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MySugar, Aug 8, 2009.

1. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Has anyone had it? If so did it work?

Or does anyone have their own techniques that work?

I am very angry with a situation at the moment and I have no idea how to handle it. I keep feeling the urge to lash out but I know that will not help the situation. I do not know what to do for the best and every day I feel stressed. Things are getting worse as time goes by and i'm struggling. Loneliness is starting to set in too which doesn't help.
    I have to stay strong for the sake of my son, but at times I just want to go crazy!

Sorry to moan but I really do not know what to do or how to handle the stress :(

animallover111 likes this.
  2. Savahl

Savahl Guest

I used to go running/climbing til i damaged my feet - i found exercise really destressed me. I am lucky at work though as we have a gym on site, so if i had a particularly bad morning i could spend lunch taking it on on a treadmill or bike.

That was stress though not anger really, as I dont get angry I just cry (which i have 101 methods of supressing lol)

I hope you find a way to manage it in a way that works for you xx sorry to hear your havin a hard time

#2 Savahl, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
  3. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Thank you for your reply. Exercise sounds like a great idea, unfortunatley it's not so easy with it being summer holidays. I like to cycle but can't with my son as he is not confident enough on his bike yet and our tag-a-long is making dodgy noises so a bit scared of using it :rolleyes: We do go for walks together though, that can help.

That must be great having a gym at work! So envious! :)

I do suffer from anger quite badly. I really don't like it. I never physically lash out, ever, although I could sometimes. But at the mo i'm going through some exra tough cr@p and someone is making things even more difficult for me. I just want to tell them how they are making my life hard, but I know that will make it worse.

Pergatory. That is how things are right now.

4. animallover111

Hey sorry to read your feeling fed up.....have you thought of visiting your doctor....he/she might be able to advise speaking to someone professional....i know its not easy been a single parent at times......i have been single a few months now....and it is hard work at times...my two are older than your little boy......so i can imagine its harder for you.....but i am sure your doing a fab job with your little boy........plus you can cook a chicken......:D :D

MySugar likes this.
  5. Nicci

Nicci Guest

6. Ladywiccana

Ladywiccana PetForums VIP

Good link nicci as always..........

I wouldve thought exercise is the best way to vent anger, or another way i can think of is to get a photo of the person you are angry with, and put it on a dart board like they did in emmerdale last night hehe and throw darts at em!

Or make ya own bread, the kneading bit is good fun hehe :smilewinkgrin:

Hope the problem sorts itself out eventually.

7. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

When I get P'd off I take the dogs for a long walk :)
    I used to (like whn I was a teenager) break something.

Next door's son, when he gets P'd off, chops (our) logs. Lol I guess swinging an axe at logs is a good way to vent.

x

8. macro01

macro01 PetForums Newbie

when i am stressed i just play with my cats...although sometimes they are the reason why i am stressed, lol

9. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Sorry you are feeling stressed:( Maybe a trip to your doctor will help ...also I find talking to my friends helps - a problem shared is a problem halved....if you bottle stuff up it does more harm than good:)xx

MySugar likes this.
  10. claire

claire Guest

I can be a very very angry person at times. I have always had a bad temper and have lashed out many times in the past. The best thing I can do when im mad is clean, I get all the cleaning stuff out start upstairs and work right through by time ive done im too tired to be angry.

Hope you find something thats helps you as its not a pleasant thing to go through

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I use a stress ball. Granted it doesn't work everytime. Failing that I just leave the room and go out the back for 20 minutes

12. kath123

kath123 Guest

What about joining the gym, or going down your local gym, that is a brilliant way of destressing yourself. :D

I hope you are feeling better in yourself soon hun. xx

13. ava

ava PetForums VIP

For me keep away from stress are working out and listening special music like Kabbalistic music.

14. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Thank you all so much!! I went for a three hour walk and picnic with my son on our local heath land, did not expect to come back to so much response!

A lot of good advice and suggestions and I appreciate every single one :D

I will be making a trip to my doctors and see if he can arrange for stress management sessions. I will also use exercise as suggested, cleaning could be a usefull one too!

Thanks again everyone. Things did improve slightly earlier so not as stressed now, but i'm sure it'll rear it's ugly head again :rolleyes:

15. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Thank you. Unfortunatley i'm used to being a single parent. My son's dad and I split when he was 2 weeks old :( I lived on my own with him from when he was 6 weeks old, that was REALLY hard!! Then, after 3 and half years with my ex partner, we moved in together in January. Sadly things didn't work out and we split a month ago :( Then things got messy.
    But, being a single parent is not new to me as you can see :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear you are a single parent too now. Can be a struggle can't it. Not sure it's easier for me...you have two! That must be pretty tough, one is a lot easier to handle.

16. animallover111

seems we have similar situation....we split up when i was about 5 months pregnant with my youngest my daughter Brogan.....so i was on my own with jack who was 5yrs old and pregnant....but it was the best thing for all of us....and now have just split up from my ex partner.....have to say i am enjoying been single..though hard work at times....my mum is living with us at the mo so thats been a god send.....my two are aged 13 and 8 so pretty independant now....even though my mum never stops running round after them both.....glad you had a nice day today....if you want to chat pm me.....:)

17. MySugar

MySugar PetForums Senior

Thank you :) PM coming your way :D

18. ava

ava PetForums VIP

I'm happy to help you.
    :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice