Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Streetdog association Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by Frijolinchen, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Frijolinchen

Frijolinchen PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone,

I am part of a non profit association called "Malix Pek" in Playa del Carmen, Mexico.
    Our big aim is to reduce drastically the number of street dogs and so the suffer and diseases. We receive help from local vets, neuter and spay as offen as we can and as much as we can, rescue puppies and adult dogs, treat them and look for a new home for them. We always need hands to help us, dogfood, medicine, money, things to sell (doing garage sales frequently) If anyone is interested in helping please write me. Help in anyway is welcome.

Don't buy a dog! Adopt one! The local animal shelter has to put down about 10 dogs daily!

2. turkeylad

turkeylad PetForums VIP

İ am also involved with a N&R street animal programme in Turkiye. İf you are looking for funding - it really should be your organisation asking in order that people are clear who they are either fund raising for or giving money too.

Good Luck raising funds it is a never ending struggle!!

3. Frijolinchen

Frijolinchen PetForums Newbie

Merhaba! Thank you Turkeylad,

Well, as mentioned I am part of the association just that we are at the beginning and the homepage is not ready yet. And I think it is better to try anything in the meanwhile than nothing.
    And it is not just money we need. People might see this and although it is a page from the UK they are living here or coming on vacation and want to help. Once I have the homepage from our organisation I will definetly include it. At this point we are just with a bit of information on facebook "Malix Pek, Ayuda Animal"

Thanks again, and good luck to you too

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice