Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Strange rat behaviour

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Kate Bowen, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Kate Bowen

Kate Bowen PetForums Newbie

Hi I have had my 2 boy rats almost a year now, they have very different personalities but recently I've noticed something strange. When I let my boys have a run around in the evening the most sociable one, Pinky will eventually lie down, get comfy and sleep. But my other boy will just sit at the top of my bed with his head pressed against the wooden frame, he just dosnt seem to relax and get comfortable?

Is this normal and is there anything I can do to help him feel relaxed out of the cage? He's reluctant to come out too.

2. Goldstar

Goldstar PetForums VIP

Maybe he’s scared, how is he being handled?

3. Kate Bowen

Kate Bowen PetForums Newbie

He dosnt mind being handled, he likes to hide under my hair, once I've actually got him out! He is a nervous nelly, I'm just wondering if anyone knows any ways to help him feel more relaxed?

4. Engel98

Engel98 PetForums VIP

With both of my mischiefs there was always one which was more timid than the other.

Have you looked on YouTube for ideas?

Food on your hand to lure them out. Soft speaking helps too. Tissue with your scent on it.

Is there anything outside the cage which may be considered a threat? Do you have any other animals?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice