Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Strange puppy!

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by truetrue, Aug 1, 2009.

1. truetrue

truetrue PetForums Newbie

Hi there

New to the forum but it's great!

Our little pup is now 19 weeks old - she's a cross between a staff and a lurcher. She is generally very good but is guaranteed to have her crazy half hour!

We have slight problem at puppy school at the minute. She is only ever friendly with black or white dogs!! Very very strange! Any of the other dogs that are not these colours she just doesn't like it at all and her scruff goes up.

She is also still nipping - have tried everything now but I guess she will grow out of it (hopefully)!.

2. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

Hi

I don't have much to add as I have never had a pup, but I just wanted to welcome you to the forum x :)

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

What has the trainer suggested in regards to her colour prejudice?

4. truetrue

Hasn't really suggested anything and to be honest I don't think she has really noticed! Our pup is very confident with boys but always prefers playing with the dogs that are much much bigger than her!

Thanks for the welcome goodvic2!

:)

5. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I suggest you have a word with them, as they can help you work with your puppy. A training class is the perfect environment to tackle such issues.

What are you doing now when she nips/bites you?

6. truetrue

She gets a very firm no biting and fingers are replaced with one of her toys!

She has got so much better from when we got her, but I was assuming it would have all stopped completely by now!

I will def have a word with the trainer! Thx

7. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Some dogs take longer to train then others when it comes to biting. Everyone in the household must be consistent.

This is a very good article when it comes to biting...

Have you got any pics?

8. truetrue

Good read thanks!

I think it's because she is teething - found another one of her teeth on the floor yesterday!!

I need to find the camera lead to upload! I will have a look and get some pics of our little girl!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice