Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Strange peeing incident

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by LisaZonda, Jan 28, 2012.

1. LisaZonda

LisaZonda PetForums VIP

So, Nikita's house training is coming along quite well now, she's not going through all night yet but during the day she does know to go to the door...the odd accident here and there but usually only because I haven't got to the door and opened it quick enough so totally my fault.

Anyway, a little while ago she just came in from her walk, during which she had done a pee, she'd only been back in the house less than 2 minutes when she walked straight into her cage, squatted and did a pee in it! :confused:

2. Kivasmum

Kivasmum PetForums VIP

Silly puppy lol has she wee'd in there before? Maybe she can smell it?
    Don't really know what else to suggest :confused:

Oooo I know...........send the little pickle monster to me :D

3. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

My Lilly did this a few times when she was a puppy.

The lady at my training class said it may be that she felt save there - at the moment of toileting dogs are at their most vunerable, so if she felt for whatever reason that she couldn't go outside then maybe that was why she was going in her cage.

I've no idea if there is any truth to that but I did make sure she had 'quiet' time to go to the toilet - no kids or other dogs in the garden with her - she stopped doing it but I don't know if anything I did stopped her or if she just grew out of it.

I was a pain though - I switched to cheap fleece blankets in her crate and washed them with biological washing powder and rinssed off the bottom of her crate with it aswell.

4. LisaZonda

LisaZonda PetForums VIP

No she's never done a wee in there before, its all very strange!

It was quite lucky actually because while she was outside with my OH I had just taken her bed and covers out to give them a shake off so there wasn't anything in there and it was just on the plastic base....easily cleaned, maybe because it was suddenly empty she just had a confused moment :001_rolleyes:

hmmm after much deliberation I have decided I must decline the very kind offer you have made, very much appreciated but.....not a chance! :p :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice