Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Strange kitty

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by hayleyb, Jun 26, 2009.

1. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

I always thought that cats hated water. however it is currently bucketting down outside and theres that much fog you cudnt see your hand in front of your face and guess where my cat has been.

yes you guessed it he's been outside. i came in from work at 8:15 and oh said he'd been cryin all evening to out. so i took him downstaires (i live in a 1st floor flat) jst to show him it was rainin so he cudnt go out. then he runs out the door, i stood there lookin to see if he'd realise and come back in but he didnt. so bout 45 mins later i thought he mite be abit wet and gettin cold so i shouted and he came dartin towards the door. even fell over he was runnin that fast. and he was soakin.

so was i wrong to think cats dnt like water. or is he jst a crazy little man?

2. Amy-manycats

Amy-manycats PetForums Senior

Some cats do love it (for some reason long hair cats in my experience) my old cat Max was a longhaired cat he loved to wait for me to go in to the bathroom, he would jump into the sink and wait for mw to turn the tap on. On one occasion he lay in the sink and blocked the plug hole, the tap was on and he lay there loving the bath until the water reached his chin! Even then he didn't panick, just got up slowly and streched. He was uber laid back.

One of my current cats loves playing with water and going out and rolling the the wet grass! Grr then he likes to come in and jump in my bed with his muddy wet paws :cursing:

3. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

If he goes to the loo outside he may have really needed to go!

Dont think his strange, he was prob hiding outside anyway!

Ive met lots of cats who dont mind water :)

4. Summer1098

Summer1098 PetForums Senior

Maybe your cat has a little Turkish Van in him which would explain why he likes water so much.

Sumaya

5. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

Mine sits in the water bowl regularly. It's not that uncommon!

6. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

he actually wnt go to the toilet outside. and was prancin about runnin on the path and grass lol.

i jst thought it amusing never known a cat to be like that lol

7. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

gladly he is not like that lol. altho i was checkin him over just incase lol.

i bet he thinks hes dead clever jumpin your bed he he, little monster:p

8. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

i had a cat once that loved water, used to sit on the edge of the bath and put its paw in, lol,:)

9. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

sheldon is not that brave. he'll jst walk around the side then i think he gets a little too close for comfort and off he toddles elswhere he he.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice