Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Strange Kakariki Habits

Discussion in 'Bird Chat' started by Raul12, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Raul12

Raul12 PetForums Newbie

22330A8E-081B-472A-A788-B980C6827BD5.jpeg Hello, I have a Kākāriki parakeet who is over 5 years old and is quite a unique pet I believe. He has always been healthy even when he had a fall in his cage where he injured his leg and the vets had to amputate the leg as it would cause problems for him later on. His name is Fino, i say he because I believe that he is a he from comparing him to other Kākāriki birds.

We have a woodburner in our home and whenever Fino is out in the house he always goes right up to the stove and sits in front of it like here in the picture above.

Does anyone know if this is bad? He looks like he enjoys it and never looks like he is in any distress at all. Just want to know if anyone else has a pet bird who loves warm stoves.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice