Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Strange hormonal behaviour...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by LittleMissSunshine, Jul 23, 2009.

1. LittleMissSunshine

LittleMissSunshine PetForums VIP

Hello!!!

Lady is nearly a year old now and is still yet to come into season... She is doing some slightly odd things which I think could signify hormone changes but I'm not sure, she is guarding her bones/food more, she is spending a lot of time sniffing Poppy's lady garden and wants to play fight with Poppy a lot, whether Poppy wants to or not (it's actually quite funny watching Poppy try to get her to stop)

I am reading book of the bitch at the moment but have only just got it a few days ago so am wading through it slowly...

Does anyone else have any other explanations for her odd behaviour...is there anything I can/should do at this time???

I have only ever had dogs before, Poppy & Lady are my first bitches!:blush2:

alphadog likes this.
  2. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

All the bitches I know (bar one) are possessive over toys etc, I think that is pretty much par for the course with bitches. Keep a close eye on them flaring up over access to toys/chews etc and keep Lady in check

The lady garden part (have to give you rep for that phrase!!) sounds like Lady is getting fruity and perhaps experiencing hormonal changes prior to her season. Unless Poppy is coming into season?

3. Boston

Boston PetForums Member

Sorry LittleMissSunshine cant really offer any advice my bitches dont really change to much when coming into season, my male dog normally tells me when they are coming into season.

And just to say i have 6 bitches and 1 male none of mine are possessive over toys they have a big box of toys and all share with no problems. :)

4. LittleMissSunshine

LittleMissSunshine PetForums VIP

Poppy is spayed so no probs there, Lady is a tramp... actually that's why I called her Lady...from the film,...never thought she's end up the opposite!!!!:001_tt2:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice